Hi from Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrisBrew

Reaction score
Hi there. Have been researching into brewing AG beer over the last week. Originally been making vodka and whiskey for the past few years now but im closing up shop there, selling my setup and moving over to AG beer.

Thinking on mashing in an esky or keg with top cut off and using an external 6" HERMS setup on the side with a 2.4kW element. figure the esky will hold the heat better and use less power with the herms while up at desired temp.
Controller may be a PID or STC1000 and pump im still not sure on. defiantly having the STC for the fermenter though. size of esky is undetermined for me yet. only going to ferment in max 30L fermenters so im wayyy open to suggestions on the size i can make do with. cost is always an issue with a budget.

all my old brewing was sugar head whiskeys and vodkas, no starch conversion to sugars.

going to start with a few beer kits to get the hang of lower ABV washes and sterilizing everything while i build my mash tun and HERMS. will be maybe a month before i get brewing some beer but ill be annoying everyone asking so many questions :D

Plan on making a good beer that i can offer mates and not taste like crap. Don't want to waste my time making crap beer. beer i like is Toheys extra dry, XXX summers, a couple others cant think of them all now... been mostly on vodka and whiskey last few years so names are eluding me

As for bottles. Considering the price of new bottles, can i just buy 3 cartons of beer, wash them out after i drink them and reuse them with the crown caps? seems like a much better way to do it and funner :chug:

Cheers
BrisBrew

Latest posts

Back