Smoked Beer, Too Heavy Handed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for your loss, Barry... :( If anything, at least it wasn't attached to your abode, things may have been a lot worse. I love the concept of the Phoenix rising from the ashes though, as dry as usuaul... ;)

Mate that must have been a rude shock @ 3.30am!! I would be devastated if that happened to my shed. Any idea of the cause?

Firies were quick to respond?

Ive had a house fire experience with the house behind my mrs' mums place @ picnic point go up late at night a few years ago. Damn scary when these things happen!

Sad loss of your shed & gear. Hope it all works out for the better!

Who's for setting up a donate to Barry's brewery thread?

$5 minimum donation to help him get back to it (no spending the cash on non brewery related pissups Barry).

An industrial music forum I used to be on had a similar thing for a musician who lost all their equipment in a housefire.

If it's a dumb idea then tell me I'm dumb but it might be a possibility?

Firies were quick. Thanks for the kind thoughts Manticle but I will be OK. A great chance to rethink things. I don't like change so it takes something like this to reassess why I do things.
Thanks to all for the encouragement and support, it is very much appreciated :beer:

Sorry to see Barry. Glad everyone is ok.

You may have lost your equipment, but you have not lost your ability to brew great beer.

Kabooby :)

Yikes Barry!

I'm glad you are OK and it was only the shed that went up.

If you find that you start to suffer from "shed withdrawal" feel free to come around and spend some time in mine.

cheers

grant

Here's another thought, I'm sure all Sydney brewers have surplus kit. How about we see what everyone has surplus and see if we can come up with a full kit between us?
I'll start, I have a surplus 2 ring cast iron burner. It struggles to keep a boil, but does the job, hence why it is now surplus.

Shit what a rude awakening... glad all are unharmed ...

wish you all the best with the rebuild buddy ..

cheers

... In the mean time I'm off to the buy a can of Coopers lager and a kilo of sugar.

Sorry to hear of your problems. But at least now those thousands of Australians K & K homebrewers can say " I brew just like one of Australia's finest homebrewers !" :rolleyes:

Here's another thought, I'm sure all Sydney brewers have surplus kit. How about we see what everyone has surplus and see if we can come up with a full kit between us?

I'll donate a can opener for you !

The clean up is about to begin. We need to leave for the day, garage was clad with blue asbestos. Neighbours have been told.

Barry, that is terrible news. Very lucky that the fire did not spread to the house. If there is anything you want to borrow please let me let me know.

On a side note, I think Bunnings had the rubbermaid mashtuns (water coolers) on special for $99.

Real sorry to hear that Barry
Being born and raised in Panania myself I know many people there and thought what if ? Then on the following Thursday the house around the corner here at Narangba burnt to the ground. All safe but really makes you think. It could happen to anyone of us.
Good to hear all OK and insured.
Daz

Yowzers Barry, that is terrible news, strange what a search for smoked beer can bring up though. I am a bit late on this one but wish to extend my commiserations to you on your loss. Glad you and family are ok though.

Only just had the pleasure of meeting you and sitting alongside you at the recent Castle Hill Judging. Good to see you taking the positives out of the experience and havent lost your sense of humour.

Cheers Jason

Back