• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Small Biab Setup For Sale: Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanga

Reaction score
As above. I have a good quality, stainless steel, second hand boiler that I bought from someone and haven't gotten around to using. Same goes for my kits and fermenter. I'm moving into a smaller place, and need to scale back. Will probably just be oztopping it for a while. If I can get a decent price these then I'll let them go, if not I'll make my Dad take them back to the farmhouse for me.

The empties [strike]are 750mL Coopers bottles for the most part, with a couple of the old pickax thrown in for good measure.[/strike] Oops, nope, they're gone sorry. I forgot I bottled something up in these. I only have a few Coopers bottles that I'll throw in for free to the first person who picks something up.

I have a couple of Coopers kits and sugars there as well.

I don't have a car, so it'll have to be that the winner picks up. The sooner the better. If want the lot, so much the better.

If you know someone who wants to get into BIAB or want to expand your set-up then this wouldn't be a bad deal. I'm looking for people to start me off at at least 200 for the lot.

Cheers

Is the 20L boiler an urn, or a stockpot?

Proper Urn son. It's been used for brewing before, just not by me. Hang on and I'll go grab a brand name.

EDIT:
It has a sticker with something in German on it - not sure if that's the name. Then the tag down the bottom that says it's a Two Thousand TT WB-40. Not sure what that means. It's not 40L though, only 20. It says that on the tag too. It has markings in 5 degree increments from 30 degrees to 110 degrees.

EDIT2: Googled the German:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gepr%C3%BCfte_Sicherheit

Which means it's been safety and quality tested by the Germans.

Oops, yeah. I had the feeling I paid 200 for the Urn for some reason. But I just looked it up and it was only $100 so if there were to be an offer (with someone else picking up) at around that price then it's their's. Thanks Smurto.

PS Here is the thread (with a couple of pictures of the urn):
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...62&hl=tanga

Oops, yeah. I had the feeling I paid 200 for the Urn for some reason. But I just looked it up and it was only $100 so if there were to be an offer (with someone else picking up) at around that price then it's their's. Thanks Smurto.

PS Here is the thread (with a couple of pictures of the urn):
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...62&hl=tanga

Tanga Tanga Tanga, you didn't read your own link carefully. Looks to me like you paid $80 for the urn...
Not trying to be nasty, just a cheeky shit stirrer. :p

Possibly more value to you if you get your Dad to 'take them back to the farmhouse'.

Ooh, crap. What a bargain. I'm a damn, bad, panda.

Yeah, I think I will hang onto it if that's all I'd get (and I shouldn't charge more). Does anyone want a loan of it and the fermenter for a few months? I'm sending a lot back and Dad may very well get the shits on. Plus, once I'm settled I will probably want it back, so having it here in Adelaide will be good =).

Ooh, crap. What a bargain. I'm a damn, bad, panda.

Yeah, I think I will hang onto it if that's all I'd get (and I shouldn't charge more). Does anyone want a loan of it and the fermenter for a few months? I'm sending a lot back and Dad may very well get the shits on. Plus, once I'm settled I will probably want it back, so having it here in Adelaide will be good =).

:icon_offtopic:
Dammed right you're a bad Panda, about 24,000,000 worth of bad Panda! Saw in the paper today that the zoo is in the red for $24 million.

Edit: Which is about what they spent on the Pandas, apparently...

I offered Bob. He's actually doing me a favour holding onto it so I don't have to move it with me =).

I can't drop it off DDC (no car) and live in Clarence Gardens. If you're happy to come pick the brewing stuff up feel free to PM me. =)

Tanga, If the above offer falls through, Im more than happy to look after the urn etc..... Or if you change your mind, I may be willing to buy the urn :) Im keen to get into BIAB but have been eyeing off 40L jobs... :-\

Just a question, this urn would be suitable for BIAB half batches only im guessing?

Hey Tanga, PM sent :)

Tanga, If the above offer falls through, Im more than happy to look after the urn etc..... Or if you change your mind, I may be willing to buy the urn :) Im keen to get into BIAB but have been eyeing off 40L jobs... :-\

Just a question, this urn would be suitable for BIAB half batches only im guessing?

Latest posts

Back