Single Gauge Reg Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
So i have an aversion to dual gauge regs...

i've always found that on any dual gauge reg (this is all welding history by the way) the tank pressure always says, "full, full, full, full, full, um not too sure for about 2 minutes, oh shit i'm empty" they never give any real indication that they're running out... so what's the point.

i love my single gauge Downey but i've reached the stage where i need 2 regs on occasions. so i'm in the market for another reg and i want a single gauge but all the sponsors and stores i visit only seem to have dual gauge...

anyone know where to find single gauge co2 regulators?

cheers

So i have an aversion to dual gauge regs...

i've always found that on any dual gauge reg (this is all welding history by the way) the tank pressure always says, "full, full, full, full, full, um not too sure for about 2 minutes, oh shit i'm empty" they never give any real indication that they're running out... so what's the point.

i love my single gauge Downey but i've reached the stage where i need 2 regs on occasions. so i'm in the market for another reg and i want a single gauge but all the sponsors and stores i visit only seem to have dual gauge...

anyone know where to find single gauge co2 regulators?

cheers

Much better idea to look into a specific regulator for home brewing. Not too sure about the welding regs but I had a 3 gauge Micromatic & now have a Tesuco 3 gauge regulator & these definately let you know how much gas you have left. Never had an issues with these two needing to guess how much gas was left.
Try Micromatic, they sell a single gauge regulator.

Cheers

I've got a twin guage micromatic. I know what you mean about regulators reading full till the very last minute. I find my dual guage gives you about 1 1/2 corny kegs warning before it gives up.

I have my CO2 bottle sitting on an old set of bathroom scales I know the full/empty weights so its easy to know when its getting low regardless of what the gauge reads as pressure changes with temp

While there is still liquid CO2 in the bottle the gauge will show as full.
Once the liquid portion has gone you'll see the bottle pressure start to drop. With a 6.8 kg bottle this will still give you plenty of warning.
Unless you have a spare bottle on hand the bottle pressure gauge is invaluable. If you don't like looking at it, remove it ;)

Cheers Ross

While there is still liquid CO2 in the bottle the gauge will show as full.
Once the liquid portion has gone you'll see the bottle pressure start to drop. With a 6.8 kg bottle this will still give you plenty of warning.
Unless you have a spare bottle on hand the bottle pressure gauge is invaluable. If you don't like looking at it, remove it ;)

Cheers Ross

Ross,

do the current Micromatic gauges have psi markings on the pressure out gauge? i am also old school and like psi better to kpa....

i'm thinking it's just easier to get a new Micromatic dual... and be done with it, just not look at the 2nd one! but i want to be able to read psi....

cheers.

MICRO MATIC bar and psi
MICRO_MATIC__bar_and_psi.jpg

awesome, just how i like it. PSI is big writing!

I like psi as well and just bought 2 of them, and guess what no psi.
yeah i too was dissapointed when i opened the box of my new micromatic to find no psi :( (not from Ross)

i guess suppliers often update items and it easily slips through sellers knowledge as they don't open every box...

oh well time for me to learn kpa... or at least find a decent conversion chart to print out and pin to the wall!

Latest posts

Back