Sierra Nevada IPA Glasses - EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So........... after some serious retraining and re-education last night, I limped into the Post Office today and picked up my glasses. Very happy with the glasses. Not sure if my beer tastes any better, but diggetty diggety, it sure does look sexy :icon_chickcheers: .
Thanks Yob - really appreciate the effort that you put into this bulk buy.
Cheers
LB

I take it from the above post that it was you, LB, who received the serious retraining and re-education at the hands of Mrs LB,
and not the other way around!
Paddy

Correct - nothing more to add (walks away with tail between legs)
LB

Hey fellas were these ones etched on the bottom like in the ad? The ones I've acquired from Myer/DJs haven't been.

Just skolled my beer to check. Didnt see the hop before, but it is there, very nice
LB

Yob said:
They have a tastefully etched hop on the bottom
;)
Oooh, have they...really really...no foolin' ?

I haven't looked at them that closely/used them yet. Tonight that will change !

This is what the Myer/DJs ones look like. Nothing! Some have a small circle, which doesn't act as a nucleation point, and I'm guess is a manufacturing defect.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1391727852.849707.jpg

Danwood said:
Oooh, have they...really really...no foolin' ?

I haven't looked at them that closely/used them yet. Tonight that will change !
My.. you have been slack :p

Liam_snorkel said:
This is what the Myer/DJs ones look like. Nothing! Some have a small circle, which doesn't act as a nucleation point, and I'm guess is a manufacturing defect.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1391727852.849707.jpg
Ripped!! :drinks:

Thanks for the glasses Yob. I enjoyed a few APA's in them over the last two nights.

One gripe though, they don't help that awful feeling when the keg blows on your first beer for the session! :angry2:

LagerBomb said:
So........... after some serious retraining and re-education last night, I limped into the Post Office today and picked up my glasses. Very happy with the glasses. Not sure if my beer tastes any better, but diggetty diggety, it sure does look sexy :icon_chickcheers: .
Thanks Yob - really appreciate the effort that you put into this bulk buy.
Cheers
LB
And now she wants to drink out of them. Some people, eh.

Thanks Yob for organizing this and a big thanks for Crofty who paid upfront and delivered the glasses to my door. I have empty kegs and a freezer full of Citra, Amarillo and NZ Cascade (thanks again Yob), time to get brewing. :)

HalfWit said:
Thanks Yob for organizing this and a big thanks for Crofty who paid upfront and delivered the glasses to my door. I have empty kegs and a freezer full of Citra, Amarillo and NZ Cascade (thanks again Yob), time to get brewing. :)
My pleasure mate, sounds like you've got the goods to fill them - enjoy that citra :beerbang:

Got a returned box, Ive not seen inside but most would appear to be smashed to pieces, Ive got to take them to the Post Office and fill out some paperwork...

Seriously, must have been one pissed off postie, the box appears undamaged from the outside so has clearly been shaken and thrown about like a red headed stepchild, especially with the extra padding I put in each box Im astonished such damage could occur, I rekon I could drop the box from waist height without any damage....

The affected member and I are in communication about it.. gutted.. totally bummed about this...

It's things like this that take the fun out of running these sorts of buys. Perhaps in future if I run this sort of thing again, insurance on packages would be a good idea.

:(

By writing "FRAGILE" on the box means diddly shit. Auspost do NOT OFFER a fragile service in the boxes/post type or whatever it was it was posted in. This was the comments from the post master at my PO Box place where I inspected the glasses before signing for it.

The PM was suprised none of mine were broken. I guess a complaints form to start and go for cost of goods if you can?

I am of the opinion that Auspost do not offer a fragile service at all.

They should still take reasonable care with parcels, if they have no service they should not accept the parcels, alternatives could have been found and glasses saved.

When we used pre-paid express satchels, they came with an automatic $100 cover but it was in the darkest corner of a room in fine print to find it... This may have changed. The few times we needed it, we did have to fight for it but got there in the end, mind you it took - invoice copies etc...

Hope it all works out.

Yob said:
They should still take reasonable care with parcels, if they have no service they should not accept the parcels, alternatives could have been found and glasses saved.
I agree and for the record it wasn't at all anything against you or the packaging. Simply aus posts facts, and yes, when they see 'fragile' on parcels, they have a duty of care to pipe up and say so before taking your money.

Again, super effort and well done on what must of been a logistics nightmare. Or maybe, just maybe, a warm up for your next bulk buy... Ha!

Time helps forget!

Latest posts

Back