Mini Keg Growler EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These look great Yob, thanks for setting this one up!

I did get a little screw adaptor, that I'm not sure where it goes.

I'll post some photos.

https://goo.gl/photos/7LC1uM3WvmAf8GJF7
https://goo.gl/photos/55YbCHRnQAGhuwUh7

I'm heading out of town for a few days for work this week, So I've filled and carbed a bit of American Brown Ale that I've had sitting in a fermenter for way too long.

Hopefully it works well.

Mine arrived Friday.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1466335198.259805.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1466335218.123970.jpg

Massive thanks to you, Jesse!!
You may reap some benefits at the Shepp Case Swap, if you can make it.

Massive thanks to Yob!
A fair undertaking to organise a complex buy like this.
Picked up today and can't wait to start brewing again to fill these up.

All received, tested, ridden hard and put away wet.

Such an outstanding compliment to my beer lifestyle.

Thanks Yob, really appreciate this bulk buy.

The head units are a solid bit of kit eh?

Anyone hooked up the regulator yet?

(apart from husky ;))

Me! With three bulbs spent.

What I'm trying to learn next is how to adjust the puncturing barb up. That way I won't discharge gas over my fingers before the face of the bulb bonds with the nylon seal.

All arrived safe and sound, bloody hell it's some solid kit! And really well packed too, I couldn't get all the wraping and boxes back into the shipping box. Great job SHS, and thanks for putting this together Yob. Now to fill em up!

Will Cowan said:
These look great Yob, thanks for setting this one up!

I did get a little screw adaptor, that I'm not sure where it goes.

I'll post some photos.

https://goo.gl/photos/7LC1uM3WvmAf8GJF7
https://goo.gl/photos/55YbCHRnQAGhuwUh7

I'm heading out of town for a few days for work this week, So I've filled and carbed a bit of American Brown Ale that I've had sitting in a fermenter for way too long.

Hopefully it works well.

I thought that it may be for a bigger gas bulb (bigger diameter screw in bit).

Now that we all happy with our new toys, a couple of questions. I have a couple of the 4 litre ones.
Any suggestions as to how to carbonate these. For an 18L keg, a week at serving pressure does the job. I guess that you could fill them with carbonated beer and use the bulb to push the beer out but that just leaves you where you are with a growler.
Is there any sort of fitting that could be added between the disconnect and the tap so that the beer is not being poured nearly horizontally?
Yes Yob, those head units are seriously heavy items.

Goodduck - your equipment is ready for collection, please don't let it gather dust.

Birkdale Bob said:
I thought that it may be for a bigger gas bulb (bigger diameter screw in bit).
I think that's exactly what they are for.

Cheers,
Jase

Birkdale Bob said:
Is there any sort of fitting that could be added between the disconnect and the tap so that the beer is not being poured nearly horizontally?
Bob, after using the kegs a few times, I was thinking along the same lines as you. I thought about getting a stainless liquid disconnect to use instead of the plastic one. The thread on the stainless ones appear to be on a 90° angle as opposed to the plastic which are 45°. Worth a try I guess.

Cheers,
Jase

I intend to use my pluto gun, should make those issues non existent, should also mean being able to pour at a higher pressure

I've wondered about this; knowing we can use as much beer line as we want, what is the difference between a bronco tap and a Pluto gun?

Aesthetics and ghetto traits aside.

sweet fa really.. my pluto is stainless and solid as, bronco taps are plastic and less bling but still pour beer.

Its why I went the ball lock head as the preferred option.. it gave us the flexibility to use whatever equipment we wanted including hooking those tiny little kegs up to a 6kg gas bottle or a soda stream rig or the mini reg.. just so many options makes it rad

Might have to get Martin to bring a few pluto guns to the swap. Save on postage and I get help sorting out the balance!

Yob said:
I intend to use my pluto gun, should make those issues non existent, should also mean being able to pour at a higher pressure
I agree, but seeing that I now have two new taps I thought I would try to use them.

Birkdale Bob said:
I agree, but seeing that I now have two new taps I thought I would try to use them.
Ive been as far as screwing it onto the disconnect and putting on the tank.. sat at a weird angle.. then I took it off again and I suspect that's as far as it will go :D

truth be told, its going to be a number of weeks until any of my tanks even get wet so Ive got a little time to play.

If SHS is still reading, what are the PRV's rated to (in PSI?)

So the included instructions say to clean everything with "mild soap".
Is dish washing detergent recommended or would it be best to soak in Sodium Perc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back