Mini Keg Growler EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit off topic but I noticed there was a lot of talk about mini regs here. After a LOT of research and use, I can recommend the [SIZE=10pt]Leland adjustable 80psi [/SIZE]reg (part# 50047-004). Leland do also have lower pressure regs (0-20psi or 0-30psi might be a better option), but this is the one I use for my kegged wine setup which has not failed me in 4 years! Built like a tank and very accurate on the gas control.

50047-004_1.jpg
D55_Williams_Pic.jpg

blair said:
A little bit off topic but I noticed there was a lot of talk about mini regs here. After a LOT of research and use, I can recommend the Leland adjustable 80psi reg (part# 50047-004). Leland do also have lower pressure regs (0-20psi or 0-30psi might be a better option), but this is the one I use for my kegged wine setup which has not failed me in 4 years! Built like a tank and very accurate on the gas control.

50047-004_1.jpg
D55_Williams_Pic.jpg
yes but where can we get them..... at a discount !?!??

Any (rough) idea when these will be ready for those of us picking up ? Cheers

I'll try ringing the supplier today, he's not checked the pm which asks for the transfer details yet do he's currently unaware I'm ready to give him 5K..

If you also contact them direct it may be a good prompt.

Missed this one but would be interested in any future BB for these IF it comes round again even if its just for the mini keg itself.

Unlikely I'll be doing one any time soon...

Why not shoot sydneyhomebrewsupplies a pm and see if you can't tack on and if they can do you a deal?

Pretty approachable guts and providing a great deal on the package.

Cheers

Yob said:
just checking, 3 head units in total? Got a query from supplier

attachicon.gif
Grainer.jpg
That is correct, I have a 2L base unit at home I can use it for..hate the fact if I don't drink it straight away it goes flat.... hoping the threads are standard.

picked mine up yesterday. thanks yob for organising.

Jase said:
I was planning on posting some feedback on these kegs last week, but time got away from me.

These kegs are good little things. I was able to pick these up a few weeks ago, due to getting an opportunity to showcase some beers at uni the following day. I don't recommend anyone doing that. After picking them up, pulling them apart to give them a good clean (they need it), and take the time to getting familiar with the setup left little time to get organised for uni.

Back to the kegs, they need a good clean and sanitise when you first get them, I'll leave build quality to someone with more knowledge on materials. They do take some time and gas bulbs to get familiar with them. Between understanding how the regulator works and the sensitivity of the tap, some patience is required.

In saying that, once they are setup, they are a good bit of fun. I had no issue with pouring and they give a professional feel to any setup. I even had comments made at the uni showcase about how fancy the setup was. I had two 2 litre and two four litre kegs with me and changing over from the twos to the fours were relatively simple.

Love the fact that they have ball lock disconnects as it allows some flexibility to my permanent system.

I think I've covered most things, it was a few weeks ago and I haven't used them since, so I am trying to recall as much as I can. Looking forward to reading a more comprehensive review from another bulk buyer in due course. Ha ha.

Happy to attempt to answer any questions anyone may have.

Cheers,
Jase

What is the maximum pressure rating for the kegs? Can we force carb the beer quickly?

mine, possibly taking tomorrow to get them filled.
IMG_2208.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back