Mini Keg Growler EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the mini kegs each weekend since I got them.

So far I'm impressed.

The first batch I force carbed in the mini keg, it all worked pretty well. Since then I have a corny keg sitting at room temperature, and when I know i want to take beers places I do a keg to keg transfer then chilled it down in the fridge. Once they are cold I've given them a little more gas to get the carbonation right, they have poured well. I've been using a cobra picnic tap on about 500mm of line. the Mini reg has been working well, the seal is good as well, so You can use it for a 4L, take it off and leave it for a few days then use it again. It's not a new 16g bulb every time you want to use it.

I made stubby holders from some foil lined foam insulation ( only about 2mm thick )

https://goo.gl/photos/PYQzMSnZRET2tnsj8

Here is a photo!

Thanks again for the good hook up!

I might grab a wetsuit from the smithfamily shop and knock out a few little jackets, with holster for the beer guns

Gotta say, Im pretty stoked with these too.. they are everything I hoped they would be.

The Regulators are by far the best mini regs on the market..

The tanks are top notch and I cant fault them at all.. and the ball lock head units... faaark me.. they weigh almost a half kilo so are a solid bit of kit and are just awesome.. Ive had mine up to 40PSI without the PRV letting anything go.

If anyone is looking for the supplier, I assume he wont mind me dropping this info here

www.allthingshomebrew.com.au
Shop address: 5/4 Dean Place, Penrith, NSW, 2160
email: [email protected]

Many thanks to the team there who put together this sensational package for us. Those involved know we got looked after and those that dropped off..

HA!

I use both of mine for my corporate shares. Two different beers into the office. Resounding successes! They are, for lack of a better word, perfect.

And they were my offering at Winkle's. Still too large for barleywine....

Maybe I'll get a 2l next time;)

This may be early by 3 months..... but what are the chances that there were crew who missed out on the last batch and want one?

Would any of the existing owners be interested in another?

I know a few boys who want my beers and this little contraption is perfect for them. Maybe 3 more plus probably two more for me.

My instinct is that this is too early, I'm only trying to sense the vibe of the community.

I'd def get another few 4Ls and maybe a few 2's & 5's. Just the kegs though, won't need another reg ATM.
*However* that is all on hold until I can get the spare cash to pay for it - that could be 6 months down the track [emoji17]

Following with interest .. I'm sure a second round would be well supported.. Would make a great Chrissy present from the missus [emoji182]

Isuues noted thus far

Tanks only: The deal we got before was only possible to add a tank only if we got the full base unit as well. There might be complications with attempting tanks only.

The last but was super frikkin complicated with the adding / removing of components and wont be done again like that. It would probably be a similar thing, get a base unit and add as many tanks as you like, the extra tanks were amazingly cheap when combined with the full one anyway so it all worked out.

Yob said:
Isuues noted thus far

Tanks only: The deal we got before was only possible to add a tank only if we got the full base unit as well. There might be complications with attempting tanks only.

The last but was super frikkin complicated with the adding / removing of components and wont be done again like that. It would probably be a similar thing, get a base unit and add as many tanks as you like, the extra tanks were amazingly cheap when combined with the full one anyway so it all worked out.
Best not to rush ahead. Yob, I would run the next one and could catch up with you on the phone or with travels to get the experience, over a beer of course.

I'm soo keen. Spewing I missed out on the first group buy.

So reckon we are on the way
.... What's the magic number we need achieve Yob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back