Sierra Nevada@dan Murphys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eenie, meanie, minee, mo................

282457_10150338091594414_664679413_9573284_8101716_n.jpg
Jesus pollux gotta swing buy platinum one day its 6.50am and i could go one of those!!!! :D

i am very torn about SN being available here. grey-market products are kind of crappy...but to be able to get a case of SNPA and Torpedo would be amazing. SNPA is a fine example of an american classic pale ale. it's a delicious, drinkable beer. i miss it!! torpedo, though, is my favorite.

No longer grey imports all legitimate so go & treat yourself!!

Southern Hemisphere Harvest? Never seen this one before. Tasting notes for this one would be great Pollux

Forget Dan's.............Just swung by Platinum and came home with 2 of Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ales...........Is 3pm too early to hit them?

had a couple of them last night and it is very nice beer.i will also go against the majority and say i actually enjoy the apa a lot more than torpedo, had the torpedo next to a hop hog the other night and would rate the hop hog a MUCH better ipa.

Had a torpedo the other night.
Not a lot of aroma but a very tasty well balanced IPA.
Must say I have been more impressed with other examples of this style such as Epic's and Avery's.
However a very delicious beer and I am looking forward to drinking the other one in the fridge.
Would love to get a truly fresh one of these.
Must give kudos to the Beer Masons. Every beer these guys deliver tastes super fresh cant wait for the next pack :icon_drool2:

Cheers

Grabbed a case of Torpedo fresh in at our local Dan's $90.00 ( gasp) just cooling down a few now. As an ardent admirer of Punk IPA hoping I will enjoy this one as well. Pity about the size of the bottles only a few mouthfuls in em.

Grabbed a case of Torpedo fresh in at our local Dan's $90.00 ( gasp) just cooling down a few now. As an ardent admirer of Punk IPA hoping I will enjoy this one as well. Pity about the size of the bottles only a few mouthfuls in em.

Did you go to the one off captain cook hwy?

I went to the one on Mulgrave road and they only had PA and hefe...
Quite liked the hefe :)

Did you go to the one off captain cook hwy?

I went to the one on Mulgrave road and they only had PA and hefe...
Quite liked the hefe :)

Yep Smithfield and carted it home on the bus :eek: BTW they said they got a full quota so should have plenty stock ATM.

Quite a few enquires about it though so looks like it may be popular until you get the bill.

we grabbed a few PA for the drive home on on Saturday from Smithfield Dan's ,, seem quite fresh ...

cheers

I tried the Torpedo last night. It was a nice beer but i thought it was a tad pricey for what it is. I thought it was going to be a little hoppier. I had a murrays nirvana pale ale earlier in the night (a few hours before hand) and it was far hoppier than i thought the torpedo was going to be. It wasn't a bad beer, just thought it was going to be better with all the exitement built around it. Very well balanced beer though, i could drink them all night.

I tried the SNPA as well, it was very nice, but too exxy for what it is.

For my money i reckon Alpha pale ale would beat them hands down, but it probably arrives to me a little fresher, seeing how the brewery is in australia and all that.

My next brew is going to be torpedo inspired, haven't made a 50+ IBU beer in such a long time.

Just picked up a 6 of Torpedo, 6 Urquell and a Landlord (as well as a bottle of 2009 Church Block) The guy behind me was carrying a block of Powers Gold. Heathen.

If you like Punk IPA you should like Torpedo IPA and has a nice alcohol kick at 7.2%ABV

I took a trip past Dan's today & grabbed one each (bypassed the weiss - next time).
For some stupid reason I had the torpedo first, then the Pale Ale.
Oh boy, that Torpedo was perfect. Just Perfect.
The Pale Ale was great, but my bad for drinking it 2nd.
The real joy is when I've got a SN Celebration Ale clone recipe at my fingertips. I love great beers, and I love brewing them cheaply.

I took a trip past Dan's today & grabbed one each (bypassed the weiss - next time).
For some stupid reason I had the torpedo first, then the Pale Ale.
Oh boy, that Torpedo was perfect. Just Perfect.
The Pale Ale was great, but my bad for drinking it 2nd.
The real joy is when I've got a SN Celebration Ale clone recipe at my fingertips. I love great beers, and I love brewing them cheaply.

I love the Torpedo and Celebration equally,with SNPA just outside.I also love great beers and tweaking them cheaply.I always thought SNPA was a little lacking so tweaked it a little to my taste to compliment my clones of Torpedo and Celebration.

Latest posts

Back