Sierra Nevada@dan Murphys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a slab each of SNPA & SN Torpedo from my local Dan's (Holland Park) & as I paid for it, I was thinking they left the shipment outside ...
No, even though they hadn't refrigerated the beer in store, they both are awesome!

I am on the waiting list at Platinum..........expecting a call some time this week to go get mine.

I recently brewed a nice hoppy AIPA sitting on 5.8%. Pouring a long neck of this into a jug and adding a stubby of Torpedo from a recent case purchase is fast becoming a post work ritual here. The torpedo in Canberra is really fresh and I will be going back for a case of the SNPA on Friday (won't be mixing that one). I asked the DM manager if it was going to be a standard or a one off large order, and he advised it will be ongoing available from now on. Can't say I buy beer these days very often other than a batch of tasters for 'research' but will happily pick up the odd case of Torpedo now and then knowing they are there when I want them.

oh yeah what a range of big ones...

cannot get enough of these when funds allow.

had good advice to get mine at archive instead of dans

nothing worse than a warm pallet beer

torpedo in the hole!

Has anyone seen the Beer Camp Case in Sydney yet? Pretty keen to try that one.

Yes, yes I have.................In my garage :p

390566_10150459797504414_664679413_10422435_73173578_n.jpg

That's right.............I have 2................From 2 different stores mind you...

Looking forward to a review.

We really liked 2 out of 4.

had good advice to get mine at Archive instead of dans

Yeah, great advice. Picked up a carton from the Archive Next Door Cellars yesterday. They keep it cold. Much better tasting! Would rather support them than Dans, who lately at Albany Creek have only been offering up SN in either 6-packs or individual bottles. :angry:

Oh yeah, picked up a six of Sierra Nevada Tumbler Brown along with my new favorite Pale Ale ... 4 Pines! :kooi:

:icon_offtopic: sounds a interesting process and the variety of the hops that go into that beer

Tropical_Brews said:
Hop Hunter IPA coming to Dans some time this year looks interesting added distilled hop oils to give a fresh wet hop flavour.

http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/hop-hunter-ipa

http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/drinks/is-this-the-freshest-tasting-ipa-on-the-planet-20150123
I just came back from a holiday in CA and bought a 6 pack of this while I was there..
Its very tasty with a very strong hop flavour so good to see it being brought out here. Thought it was better than the Torpedo IPA

Not available here yet. Have not heard any date yet for Australian launch.

Anybody seen The Hop Hunter yet in Dans nothing on the website and it has been out for months now elsewhere.

Also anyone tried the Hoppy Lager made in conjunction with Ballast Point input. Will pick up a six next week if I see any here in FNQ.

Tropical_Brews said:
Also anyone tried the Hoppy Lager

Deadbox Brewhouse - Reviews
14 June at 14:52 · Edited ·

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 2015 Hoppy Lager.
Sierra Nevada are known for churning out good beer after good beer, and this one is no exception.
A mix of malt and hops (I know right?) are forefront in this beer. Being a lager, it was very easy to drink.

At the forefront, some floral and citrus hops present themselves. Apricot, lemon and sweetness are the first impressions, closely followed by a very subtle hit of pine - interesting, being that SN usually pound their beers with the American C-Hops, renowned for their piney additions to the tongue.
Finishing sweet but somehow dry, this crisp number departs with a pleasant bitterness.
Easily enjoyed in cold weather, I imagine this one would be a delight on a hot day also.
Purchased from Carwyn Cellars, if you're a fan of lager in general but find yourself with a hankering for hops without the cloying sweetness or big ABV hit of an IPA this ones for you.

slcmorro said:

Deadbox Brewhouse - Reviews

14 June at 14:52 · Edited ·

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 2015 Hoppy Lager.
Sierra Nevada are known for churning out good beer after good beer, and this one is no exception.
A mix of malt and hops (I know right?) are forefront in this beer. Being a lager, it was very easy to drink.

At the forefront, some floral and citrus hops present themselves. Apricot, lemon and sweetness are the first impressions, closely followed by a very subtle hit of pine - interesting, being that SN usually pound their beers with the American C-Hops, renowned for their piney additions to the tongue.
Finishing sweet but somehow dry, this crisp number departs with a pleasant bitterness.
Easily enjoyed in cold weather, I imagine this one would be a delight on a hot day also.
Purchased from Carwyn Cellars, if you're a fan of lager in general but find yourself with a hankering for hops without the cloying sweetness or big ABV hit of an IPA this ones for you.
Good to hear that you dropped into Carwyn. Dig it?

Spiesy said:
Good to hear that you dropped into Carwyn. Dig it?
Yeah mate, loved it. Got heaps of good beers, and tried some Brewdog stuff on tap. Great recommendation - I told them you sent me :)

Latest posts

Back