Show Us Your Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord Raja Goomba I said:
I like the ones that are wooden versions of the long black plastic ones:

il_570xN.748220066_h70k.jpg

Alternatively, the ones that are flat 'paddle' styled ones with chalkboard material on it (or not).

Thanks so much for the offer barls.
Do you have a link for these?

Camo6 said:
I've got a couple of friends trying to source me some new handles. One's a mad Sambar hunter and the other comes across the odd mob of pigs (both hunt for meat and conservation). I'd love to convert a set of young spikes or big tusks to handles. Would be a great focal point if any Greens voters dropped in. Also chasing a cat paw for a mobile setup if anyone has one.
Sounds great... and I'm a Greens voter. Cat paw not so keen on though.

post-821-0-30783300-1468914225.jpg
got bored and made a new tap handle from a piece of mulga burl that i had.
if anyone wants a custom handle let me know and we can see what we can do.

Barls, that is a spectacular piece mate.

Do you have any more of that wood?

a little of it. id have to go out and check how much probably the same again, maybe twice that.
so maybe enough to make three handles in total.
pm me if you want them.

I don't have any that I've made but I have a small collection that I bought off eBay at various times which I pair up with particular styles of beer;

13775912_10210409206375067_4465409797535121210_n.jpg

Another very very very happy customer of Barls.

Here are a trio of handles bound for my new (as yet unpurchased) kegerator.

2 are Sassafras, the other is Zebra Wood (I'd never heard of it, but is a remarkable tapworthy wood). The photo doesn't do it anything like justice (just see my beer photos to realise that my phone (or me) doesn't take good photos).

They are spectacular (or is that spectapular?) - truly a piece of art, and Barls is a very talented man. Even puts the screw in the bottom.

20160724_102720_zpsgkrepmuy.jpg

Ummmm....

Party at Dent's house !!!! :lol:

That setup deserves it's own thread. I want to see how you manage that many kegs!

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Another very very very happy customer of Barls.

Here are a trio of handles bound for my new (as yet unpurchased) kegerator.

2 are Sassafras, the other is Zebra Wood (I'd never heard of it, but is a remarkable tapworthy wood). The photo doesn't do it anything like justice (just see my beer photos to realise that my phone (or me) doesn't take good photos).

They are spectacular (or is that spectapular?) - truly a piece of art, and Barls is a very talented man. Even puts the screw in the bottom.

20160724_102720_zpsgkrepmuy.jpg
now show them mounted.
to be honest i had never heard of zebra wood ether. i picked it up at a wood working show a while ago. just like the burl i posted earlier.

Once I get the kegerator, I will. I haven't got any beer to fill any kegs yet, and the next batch, after I get back home, will be the start of my comp beers (hence smaller batches in bottles).

SWMBO has approved the purchase, it's just a matter of me being around to take delivery and then around to make beer for the damn thing.

But yeah, definitely will show them on a KKS4 kegerator.

barls said:
now show them mounted.
to be honest i had never heard of zebra wood ether. i picked it up at a wood working show a while ago. just like the burl i posted earlier.
mmmmmmmmmm burlllll...[emoji4]

Back