Show Us Your Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
I know a few guys out there have made some handles or have something unique so post them here for all to see.

Here is something I knocked together with a threaded insert Bonj hooked me up with :D

I got these small spindles from the hardware and added some threaded inserts.

Sorry for the crappy phone pic
IMG00037_20090531_1613.jpg

Kabooby :)

Here's a couple of mine i have set up - hopefully will have 2 beer engines on there shortly

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

tap.jpg

The Batz Bar

Nice, like the aerial shot of the ranch as well B)

Kabooby, i had a crack at setting up with a spindle much the same as yours, just didn't look right, yours seem to work though :icon_chickcheers:

Yard

june_2008_005.jpg

It was taken from on top of Mt Wolvi , batcave's the house in the middle of the pic.

I want to make tap handles out of carbon fibre seat posts. I love carbon parts and the bar would suit the rest of the garage full of bikes. Now to justify needing some more seatposts so my other ones can be retired and fitted with a stopper and threaded LOL Time to raid the guys bikes at the end of the season as they get new season bikes me thinks.

I've got mates riding in Europe so race used ones would be a great talking point as well. Donations will be readily accepted :-D

Got these on Evil bay.
The font is mounted on the chest freezer lid. I have to be careful when I open the lid because the large tap handles hit the wall behind, open up and spray me with beer.
Taps_1.JPG
Taps.jpg

Gregor

I have some very nice timbers and a lathe so if anyone wants any custom made aussie hardwood at reasonable prices I would be happy to furnish them. I also have a metal lathe so if anyone wanted stainless,brass or whatever these would be possible as well. Just send me a drawing of what you would want and we would go from there. Sounds like I am trying to advertise but I just get enjoyment from making things of beauty from australian timbers. so if anyone wants anything made that they cant buy PM me.

ive been thinking for a while of doing a pair made out of con rods out of a vw and having the big end as the label holder for the tap.

ive been thinking for a while of doing a pair made out of con rods out of a vw and having the big end as the label holder for the tap.

Hey I like that idea ! Cheers I'll look out for some smaller con rods.

Batz

I'm just slightly more fancy than that mr_tyreman, my line is black :p

I would like one like this however: http://store.rogue.com/small/DeadGuyTap1.jpg

I have a fridge ready to add taps to now, just need to get a power point installed outside before I can use it.

custom handles, set didnt come with any and they were an odd fitting

little wonder the doll has a surprised look on its face... ;) .cheers...spog.......

So, a mate comes down from Sydney, where he manages a pub, to hang out and drink my HB....

He texts me the day before he gets here: " How many taps do you have?" I reply 2.

Thinking he is excited or telling someone about it...

Anyway, he arrives and after about in hour he goes, "Oh yeah, I got a present for ya"

And pulls out 2 awesome James Squire handles!

Absolutely stoked!!

The one on the right has a small james squire carved into it!

Had to tell someone!

View attachment 28958

View attachment 28959

Sorry about the blurry photo's - dt's from swinging off them last night!! :icon_drunk:

This is all I have, a bit bland, but they pour beer ok.

Keg_Fridge_006.jpg

Latest posts

Back