Show Us Your Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started making new taps for each beer i make. The chalkboard wasn't doing it for me. Engraved on my cnc and then hand shaped on a belt sander.

IMG_20150320_223207.jpg

Pfffft. Not jealous at all. Not even slightly. Not even one teeny bit... OK, I'm hating.

Camo6 said:
Pfffft. Not jealous at all. Not even slightly. Not even one teeny bit... OK, I'm hating.
All of those in the big pic were bought for under $10 each on USA eBay.

Damn that's cheap. The last time I saw a few good handles locally on ebay I was flat broke. Must start looking again.

Hence why I went on a buying rampage.

My advice would be setup an account with hopshopgo.com or similar. Set your address to the us one that you get, and search for ending soonest.

These type of companies will receive multiple packages for you, re pack them and send them together.

Necro alert:

SWMBO has promised a kegerator for our anniversary in December and I want to use the next few to acquire handles.

Any place where you gents are finding some nice ones? EBay Australia is choc full of Aussie swill tap handles at fair to exorbitant prices and etsy has some nice wooden ones that are either cheap with expensive postage or expensive with expensive postage.

I either want something wooden (I lack the skills and tools to DIY) or vintage or some nice good looking European beer handles.

goomba. let me know i can make you some fairly reasonable ones depending on what your preference is.

huez said:
Started making new taps for each beer i make. The chalkboard wasn't doing it for me. Engraved on my cnc and then hand shaped on a belt sander.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20150320_223207.jpg
This is just the way to go...Simply magic!

you've just cost me a cnc mill!....and a belt sander!

LRGI, I'm open for some shared skill acquisition if huez's style is of your liking..

Aren't beer related!!???

The 'fark yeah pre throw' is a mad handle. Post pour by the pic.

TOTALLY AREN'T beer related!

Very excellent

Cheers zorsoc_cosdog, whats even better is I can move his arms and head, so if I'm in the mood for a running QB he can pull it off ( just like the real thing).

Yeah mate post pour just bought myself some new crystal IPA and stout glasses, a very very good purchase. They wont be out allowed out for the sunday sippers that's for sure

Here are my tap handles, brake and clutch levers
Not 100% sure on he mix and match of colours
I also have red levers
image.jpg
image.jpg

I like the ones that are wooden versions of the long black plastic ones:

il_570xN.748220066_h70k.jpg

Alternatively, the ones that are flat 'paddle' styled ones with chalkboard material on it (or not).

Thanks so much for the offer barls.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
I like the ones that are wooden versions of the long black plastic ones:

il_570xN.748220066_h70k.jpg

Alternatively, the ones that are flat 'paddle' styled ones with chalkboard material on it (or not).

Thanks so much for the offer barls.
I looked at those for a long time, price was pretty good but still a bit much when you need 6. I ended up getting these, which were recommended from another thread. Might just get some stained dowel for the time being until I can find some cool looking sticks while I'm out walking.

I've got a couple of friends trying to source me some new handles. One's a mad Sambar hunter and the other comes across the odd mob of pigs (both hunt for meat and conservation). I'd love to convert a set of young spikes or big tusks to handles. Would be a great focal point if any Greens voters dropped in. Also chasing a cat paw for a mobile setup if anyone has one.

Latest posts

Back