Show Us Your Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate! I printed out the logo onto some thicker paper and cut out the design to use as a stencil. Little bit of spray paint then sanded it back a touch for the faded look

PeteQ said:
Just finished these today. I made them out of 2 turned stair balustrades from the big green shed.

Total cost $30 and a few hours.

attachicon.gif
2014-01-12 12.46.45 small.jpg
Nice! Really like the look of those. Had a bit of a browse of the big green shed's site, couldn't find anything that looked like that. Any clues? Or did you have to turn them further yourself?

I couldn't find a better thread so I'm going to revive this one (mods feel free to move).

Tap one, an old Carbon Fibre rod I snapped and a dodgy siezed reel. Tap two, a 1/2" drive 3" extension with a random imperial socket I'll never use :D

10959694_10153556275155558_9078341018257733929_n.jpg

heyhey said:
I couldn't find a better thread so I'm going to revive this one (mods feel free to move).

Tap one, an old Carbon Fibre rod I snapped and a dodgy siezed reel. Tap two, a 1/2" drive 3" extension with a random imperial socket I'll never use :D

Unique!

image.jpg

Current setup, have a heap more coming from the states, so eventually will have taps to match styles.

For example, Serra Nevada for a pale ale, Guinness for a stout. Saison, rye, IPA and a few others.

All except the grolsh handle were gifts from my girlfriend.

Yob said:
what about ones you have already purchased ;) you know.. that box that's still under my house? :lol: :p
Next hop order will have to be a pick up then..

Yep she's a keeper.

Ok ok..
For the people that made there own handles, did you find the threaded inserts locally? or order from the states?
Keen to make some..

Shoobs i had a look at their site as well and couldn't find them, if you go into the timber section there are a few different sizes to choose from.

I drilled out the bases, as straight as possible, and threaded in some 10mm threaded rod. I then used my battery drill as a sort of lathe to easily sand the tops of the tap handles. When i was happy with the finish I cut them to size then finished off sanding the base of the handles manually. Applied some high gloss clear lacquer, drilled out the base and threaded them onto the tap. No metal insert or anything like that for the tap.

A picture tells a thousand words

2014-01-09 11.00.02.jpg

2014-01-08 20.17.22.jpg

My new beer cap handles I got off ETSY, don't know why my photos come out sideways

DSCF1199.JPG

TheBigD said:
My new beer cap handles I got off ETSY, don't know why my photos come out sideways
You celebrated too much and fell over!:)

Latest posts

Back