Show Us Your Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit OT but where do those magnetic stickers come from? Apart from the obvious of course. :beerbang:

You can actually buy that whiteboard as an sheet that peels on and off easily with a glue backing that's easily wiped off. It comes in label and a whole lot of other shapes. It's by Avery and called Peel and Stick Dry Erase.

I got it at Big W in a pack of 5 sheets for about $12

I was looking for a cheap kids blackboard or whiteboard and found it in the stationery section.

You can actually buy that whiteboard as an sheet that peels on and off easily with a glue backing that's easily wiped off. It comes in label and a whole lot of other shapes. It's by Avery and called Peel and Stick Dry Erase.
I got it at Big W in a pack of 5 sheets for about $12

Good info there punkin.

Avery also sell Avery "Inspired" Fridge Magnetic Project packs that include three sheets of A4-sized magnetic sheets with a white front onto which you can print your text, graphics or whatever you want then cut to size. Wouldn't be surprised if this is similar to how the original magnetic stickers were done.
Got mine from Officeworks but can't recall how much it set me back.

TP

Hi all.

These are my tap handles. I might harvest the rest of the chair and replace the stainless ones.

cheers!

P1030007.JPG

P1020004.JPG

Very clever Arthur. I'm sure heaps of brewers have old chairs like that lying around if not I'm sure they are easily found at the op shops or tip for next to nothing.

Hi all.

These are my tap handles. I might harvest the rest of the chair and replace the stainless ones.

cheers!
I'll have your stainless ones! They look awesome. Hahaha :p

[quote name='arthur' date='Jan 3 2012, 12:24 PM' post='861115'
Sorry Bonj, you can't have them (I said I might replace those), you can have some chair parts though, he he,.
[/quote]
:lol:

That's cool. I'm planning to carve a couple more similar to the one I posted above... eventually.

I have looked right through this thread and couldn't find any info on the thread inserts used... is it possible to get anything like them at bunnings or something?

These are my new tap handles inspired by this page less than $10 each (wood from bunnings) and enough wood to make another 8 ... :lol: :beerbang:

New_tap_handles.jpg

I have looked right through this thread and couldn't find any info on the thread inserts used... is it possible to get anything like them at bunnings or something?

yep, there the bolts they use for chairs and tables so the legs can be screwed in.

Try googling T-Nuts.

Propel nuts might be suitable for your application too. I know Bunnies have T-nuts as I have seen them but not sure about the size they stock.

As mxd said they are used for table and chair leg applications amongst others.

I ended up just getting some m10 nuts as suggested earlier and just drilled a hole and slotted them in.
Thanks guys

I use the tnuts in mine I cut them down so it is only a round thread and epoxy them in

I use the tnuts in mine I cut them down so it is only a round thread and epoxy them in

Then why not just use a nut? You only end up with the same thing after cutting it down and a SS M10 nut only costs 30 cents.

there is more thread on a tnut and there 4 for 3.50 I now use s/s tnuts we use at work

Jamie__s_Aero_Painting.JPG
An unashamedly blatent plug for Sav's (Battered Sav Brewery) spraypainting skills. Thanks Jamie! :icon_cheers:

These tap handles used to be estapolled but are now encased in two coats of clear Aero Paint that's hardening as I type.
Need anything spray-painted from cars\motorbikes down to tap handles? Then Sav's your man. :super:

Keeping on-topic with the above ----- I got my brass threaded inserts from HERE.

Back