Show Us Your Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty plain, but the Celli's are great!

IMAG0134.jpg

heres mine:
chest_freezer_7.JPG
my mate at work turned them up for me.

cheers,

Stewart

This is part one of my fairly primitive attempt.

My backyard is all bush and I just walked out the back and found a branch , sanded it back , laquered it and wacked a thread in the bottom of it.
hey presto...now my fridge has a horn.
beertaphandle1.jpg

Ok so while not a new idea, these took me all day today to hog out from 1" round stock*.

taphandles.jpg

The sad part is they aren't even for my fridge, but Bin L's Keezer which I'm putting the final touches on so I can deliver it Saturday arvo.....

*After the foundry failed to cast the real ones last week! :angry:

Which means there will be some spares next week or when ever the foundry guys finally pull their fingers out and actually do the job.

My backyard is all bush and I just walked out the back and found a branch , sanded it back , laquered it and wacked a thread in the bottom of it.
beertaphandle1.jpg

On it's own it looks a bit weird but if you made one for his brother the two together would look pretty cool.

On it's own it looks a bit weird but if you made one for his brother the two together would look pretty cool.

yeah...looking for a redder wood for the second one.
To kind of reflect the colours of beers you're drinking .

Might make a little wooden logo for them as well.

Ok so while not a new idea, these took me all day today to hog out from 1" round stock*.

View attachment 38960

The sad part is they aren't even for my fridge, but Bin L's Keezer which I'm putting the final touches on so I can deliver it Saturday arvo.....

*After the foundry failed to cast the real ones last week! :angry:

Which means there will be some spares next week or when ever the foundry guys finally pull their fingers out and actually do the job.

And on the font for the Keezer.

font.jpg

Looks ok, pity about the model! :ph34r:

It'll look even better when it's done in a day or so, when it'll be a candidate for the "show us your setup" thread.

I prefer the more peaceful models myself, way to many bullets and shells in this world without making tap handles out of them.

hippy1.jpg

Batz

I prefer the more peaceful models myself, way to many bullets and shells in this world without making tap handles out of them.

View attachment 38963

Batz

Which is why I didn't use actual shells/bullets, these are my, shall we say artistic, impression of what they "should" look like. These where hogged out of solid bar stock and while not my best turning will serve the purpose. Besides with a moniker like Bin L. what else would the tap handles be?

Does rather make the cobra font look more like a rabbit though. :lol:

beertaphandle1.jpg

Or it may look like antlers off a Deer.

A couple of Ram horns or goat horns would look cool (at least in my head)...

A couple of Ram horns or goat horns would look cool (at least in my head)...

Maybe something off of a young goat, or first year buck, otherwise those things get right big. Hmmmm And I know where I can get some antler sheds, tooo.

There is a place in the US, that I forget the name of now that utilises old farm equip for tap handles.
Here is one piccy I've been able to find in my collection. I'm sure I have other piccies of other farm equip, but can't seem to locate them ATM.

Flatbread_Tap_Handles.jpg

The only name I have associated with it is Flatbread.

Doc

Back