Show Us Your Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in there on Monday and they have to order the S/S paddles in - they order once a week. Nice people.....

I rang and ordered mine on Monday arvo last week and picked it up on Wednesday at lunch time on my way to the airport, really easy to deal with, and the 900mm stainless paddle only cost $22.

Trev, if you still want one, let me know if you can get them to get one in by late this week and I'll pick it up for you and bring it up to the Goldy when I come up next week. Will be staying at Seaworld from Tuesday til Friday if it helps you out...

I'm confussled.

Which one has to order them in? camperdown or guildford?

This is a picture of my paddle. Large paint stirrer from Bunnings. Cant remember the price.
View attachment 20850

Boston no offense mate but that's a shocker :huh:
Invest in a half decent paddle for $25.00,use that one for mixing paint :lol:

Batz

Boston no offense mate but that's a shocker :huh:
Invest in a half decent paddle for $25.00,use that one for mixing paint :lol:
Batz

I know it's not pretty, but can mix well, and have not had any issues with flour balls.
SS jobie is on the shopping list.

My spoon is still going strong :)

It's got a nice bow in it though.

My spoon is still going strong :)

It's got a nice bow in it though.

First comes the bow, then the "snap" :lol:

Should be a thread "Show us your broken plastic Coopers Spoon/Paddle" Sure I've got a few halves around here :unsure:

Screwtop said:
First comes the bow, then the "snap" :laugh:

Snapped an early 90's vintage 'Wander' brand spoon last year, the bowed Coopers one isn't far away by the sounds of it.

Had a SS dip tube left over from a keg like container that I had modified. Had plans to use it for a SS mash paddle handle one day, thought I might take it into a sheet metal place and have them weld on a SS head. Checked a couple of places, one wanted $10 for the scrap SS and $35 to make it up.

I had the same idea here Screwy been thinking about it for bloody ages never got around too it and just kept using the slotted spoon from the kitchen.

Dropped into the Hospitality Superstore at Warana the other day for some beer glasses and asked the store manager Jose if he stocked anything suitable for use as a mash paddle, he showed me one in his stock list, at $27 thought it looked the goods so asked him to get one in for me. Was a bit concerned that it might have been a bit flimsy at that sort of money but took the chance. Picked it up this morning, VERY pleased this thing is seriously heavy duty and well made. Handle 25mm x 690mm Head 230mm x 120mm x 1.8mm thick, total length 918mm. The thing was made in India, probably a bit of the old SS Norway or something, any looks and feels great.

For those interested: Hospitality Superstore stock item code TK03404 Paddle S/S 900mm $27.18 Lots of other brewery/beer stuff, pots, glassware etc.

Sunshine Coast Store
35 Production Avenue
Warana 4575
07 5493 1338
Store managers name is Jose.
http://www.hospitalitysuperstore.com.au/

ABSOLUTELY NO AFFILIATION

Latest bling addition to the brewery:

So after reading and seeing yours I contacted them by email very helpful and all good till they got my money , it then took a week too post out , not a terrible experience but I think it would be ezyer too drop in rather than mail order , but that's living in paradise, sometimes thing just take a bit longer , LOL Anyway , I'm very happy with it now its here and I'm using it for the first time this morning .... Thanks for the heads up Mike ..

Cheers

PS: I was dealing with head office , not the Warana Store....

PS: I was dealing with head office , not the Warana Store....

On Ya Ned....Blame Batz mate :lol:

After checking their online stock they found they only had one left, Batz callem them and ordered it in. Bet they checked online for you too but when they received your order it was probably in Batz hot little hands.
At least you got one that's good news, serious bit of kit aye? Multiuse too, you could carry it under the car seat up there as a secutity item :lol:

Screwy

On Ya Ned....Blame Batz mate

After checking their online stock they found they only had one left, Batz callem them and ordered it in. Bet they checked online for you too but when they received your order it was probably in Batz hot little hands.
At least you got one that's good news, serious bit of kit aye? Multiuse too, you could carry it under the car seat up there as a secutity item :lol:

Screwy

If this is the one you are talking about...
SS_Mash_Paddle_Head_Small.jpg

I bought one from Ross yesterday for 30c cheaper... :D
There was about 4 left on the shelf...

Sqyre... ;)

(No affiliation except for the fact i buy everything from craftbrewer.. :rolleyes: )

View attachment 21314

Sqyre... ;)

(No affiliation except for the fact i buy everything from craftbrewer.. :rolleyes: )

And 30cm shorter :lol:

Ours are bigger than yours Bruce Na Na Na Na Naaah Na

And 30cm shorter :lol:

Ours are bigger than yours Bruce Na Na Na Na Naaah Na

Nope.. :)
Completely identical to the dimensions you posted above.
Handle 25mm x 690mm Head 230mm x 120mm x 1.8mm thick, total length 918mm.
with the "Stainless steel india" stamped in the end...

Sqyre... :p

EDIT: Actually mine is exactly 1 "naughty grubby 2 & 1/2 year old" long...
mashpaddleCait.JPG

Nope.. :)
Completely identical to the dimensions you posted above.
Handle 25mm x 690mm Head 230mm x 120mm x 1.8mm thick, total length 918mm.
with the "Stainless steel india" stamped in the end...

Sqyre... :p

EDIT: Actually mine is exactly 1 "naughty grubby 2 & 1/2 year old" long...
View attachment 21318

Hey, good one Bruce, shit hot and shiney. Looked at one at Ross' a while back and thought it was about half the length, good one Ross, pissed about paying 30c too much now but did save the freight :lol:

View attachment 21314

Sqyre... ;)

Does he have them on his site?
I had a quick look and couldnt find one.
What is the price of one of these?

0.30c Cheeper Bloody hell

If you add the $17.00 Freight from the other mob mine is not only a serious bit of kit , its also a bloody expensive bit ...

It was not a case of no stock , I had too wait a week before they processed the order for more too come in , when I rang with card details they were in stock ... There was just a delay in posting it out ....Poor storeman got the blame....

Sorry Ross but if its not on the site I can't shop from here , Lol

Cheers

View attachment 21314

I bought one from Ross yesterday for 30c cheaper...

Sqyre...

(No affiliation except for the fact i buy everything from craftbrewer..

Stick a few holes in it to help bust up any doughballs Brucey. See mine in Post 90. 5 or 6 bucks for the stainless & a little bit of work.

TP :beer:

bah... LONG LIVE THE COOPERS PLASTIC SPOON!

Back