Show Us Your Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reckon they'd be more effective if I drilled some holes or would you say just stirs it less if I do ?
Drilled a few small holes ... no, but cut a few bits out with a hole saw ... yes. :)

Drilled a few small holes ... no, but cut a few bits out with a hole saw ... yes. :)

These ones big enough for you Wolfy ?

;)

MashPaddlesdrilled.jpg

2012_11_05_14.42.32.jpg

This is my paddle. Whipped it up the other weekend, and a duplicate for my brother. It's probably overkill for my urn but it should do the trick. I'll be christening it on the weekend! ;)

I use a pair of elbow length industrial rubber gloves with batting inners on the inside. I just put my hands in and scrunch everything up.

Cadbuy

I use a pair of elbow length industrial rubber gloves with batting inners on the inside. I just put my hands in and scrunch everything up.

Cadbuy

That's how Chuck Norris mashes his beer too.

but Chuck doesn't use gloves.

Anyone know if Meranti is ok to use? Just says DAR Meranti on the stuff I bought. Reason I ask is I made a mash type paddle for a beer tasting tray but would prefer to use it as a mash paddle but hadn't put thought into the species of timber. Would it be as simple as just putting it in some boiling water to see if much leeches out?

keith I woul not use marrita mate it is a natsy wood I will make you a tas oak one

Decided to upgrade the mash paddle to go with my upgraded brewery.
2537B359-1652-4CAD-A76C-3D04E8ECC537-4210-000006D3C5DE9DFD.jpg

Yes it is ridiculous overkill, but this brewery is like my first born, so it should get the best...

Jeebus Dan, that thing's the size of an anaconda!

Yes it is ridiculous overkill, but this brewery is like my first born, so it should get the best...

Looks like you could really "Stimulate" your mash with that! :lol: :lol:

Screwy

Apart from giving Incider a good smacking that thing looks sort of ridiculous. Or something from a Harry Potter movie, he rode them hey?

Back