Show Us Your Fermentation Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100lt Cone Bottom Measuring as seen in Ashers Post = $306.90

A little out of my league in $$ at the moment, but would be a nice investment.

I'll put it on the wish list

I have a 510 lt upright Fridge Freezer...Dead but i think can be fixed easy..
MOVED FROM Gold Coast to NOWRA..Plugged it in went PHFFTT.
Little box near compressor blew..We bought the fridge in the house we bought.
Had to get a fridgie in to fix it ...He looked at our fridge Quoted me 35 bucks...
Said he had to get a box..never saw him again....COST ME $500 to fix the one we bought..
I wanted to fix this one MUMMMY says get rid of it...
FREE if anyone interested for fermenting fridge(Box)..PICKUP NOWRA NTH.
Shame to dump it...
PJ
P.S. My longest post PP eat your heart out.

Silly people at work were going to throw out fridge on the left 'cause the thermostat was stuffed.
1 electrical connector fixed that (bypass thermostat) now its running perfectly through a FridgeMate.
Glasses in the freezer section get up to 8 deg when fridge set at 18.

ferm_fridge2.JPG
FROGMAN

Silly people at work were going to throw out fridge on the left 'cause the thermostat was stuffed.
1 electrical connector fixed that (bypass thermostat) now its running perfectly through a FridgeMate.
Glasses in the freezer section get up to 8 deg when fridge set at 18.

View attachment 12747
FROGMAN

Do the frogs take kindly to the variation in temps? :D

My first lager bubbling happily @ 12 degrees in my recently acquired fermentation fridge :beer:

Gotta love freebies!

Fester

100_0776.JPG

That is undoubtedly the most awesome iced tea I have ever seen.

How do you adjust the humidity for your cheese? I'm going to start attempting to make some cheeses and was thinking of sharing <gulp> hubby's brew fridge - don't feel sorry for him - he's got 3!

Hey Mel, grab any little el cheapo water feature/bubbler and put it inside the fridge, works great to lift the humidity for cheeses. Try the warehouse etc, they have those little ones for the kitchen bench etc were flavour of the month a while ago.

Screwy

Anyone got any idea where would be a good place to try to get something like that?

post-788-1186831368_thumb.jpg

I love it!

This is my ferm fridge

351ltr westinghouse upright freezer with fridgemate attached

can fit 3 fermenters plus 1 or 2 cubes

mike

100_3962.jpg

100_3961.jpg

100_3960.jpg

100_3964.jpg

100_3965.jpg

That fermenter looks so nice in the iced tea fridge but I was wondering if there was any bad effects that can happen to a brew which is exposed to light like that?

Anyone got any idea where would be a good place to try to get something like that?

post-788-1186831368_thumb.jpg

sorry about the late reply - I got this for free from my local Indoor Cricket Centre. It's amazing the amount of promotional stuff Coca Cola Amatil leave around the place and then forget about.

On its warmest setting it maintains the brew at 12 degrees. For Ales, I have it run off a standard timer. 1 hour on, 3 hours off maintains 18 degrees.

Fester.

That fermenter looks so nice in the iced tea fridge but I was wondering if there was any bad effects that can happen to a brew which is exposed to light like that?

All of my fridges have lights in them......

Finally got around to snapping my Ferm Fridge MKII:
ferm_fridge.jpg

As precautionary measure, I threw together a 3 legged under-shelf re-enforcement that squeezes just below the wire fridge shelf:
shelf.jpg

A quick snip of the (wire shelf) area at front right, allows for airlock/blowoff to extend into second tier.
Terracotta/Paver is for heating in winter, or I slide it out of the way when not in use to fit glass demijohn starters, etc.
Inside plastic door was removed and replaced with 3mm MDF, sealed, painted along with shelf support.
Cups of white stuff is just baking powder (sorry folks!) to absorb yeasty/ferm odor as SWMBO also uses the room for storage/projects.

reVox

Please tell me that first pic is taken whilst standing on something reVox?! If not, you're one tall bugger!

I am wondering if anyone has a fermentation room?
I am looking at partioning a small section in the garage and having some sort of temp. control having the room sit at a constant 18C or so. I plan on doing more Ales than Lagers and so I can get a chiller fridge later when needed.

I am wondering if anyone has a fermentation room?
I am looking at partioning a small section in the garage and having some sort of temp. control having the room sit at a constant 18C or so. I plan on doing more Ales than Lagers and so I can get a chiller fridge later when needed.

Ross does - and there are pics, and also DeckedoutDaz I think.... I'd search for you Maltaddict, but I'm off to the Zooo! :icon_cheers:

Cheers,

InCider.

Ross does - and there are pics, and also DeckedoutDaz I think.... I'd search for you Maltaddict, but I'm off to the Zooo! :icon_cheers:

Cheers,

InCider.

Thanks InCider :icon_cheers: Just sent a PM to Ross.
Hey, have a great day at the zoo and a Happy Easter too!!

Latest posts

Back