Show Us Your Fermentation Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small but effective.
$45 fridge from ebay and a Mashmaster temp controller.
I thought 3 ferm capacity would be plenty but after seeing Doc's set up........ :blink:

ferment_fridge.JPG

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has shared their setups with the rest of us.

I have forwarded this topic to my wife. We live in hope... :D

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has shared their setups with the rest of us.

I have forwarded this topic to my wife. We live in hope... :D

Best of luck SMO.
My wife happens to like the beer I make, so when it comes to making things better she turns a blind eye to the cost

I've almost reach full capacity (cubes two deep).
Will keg another beer tomorrow, kick off fermentation on one of the cubes, allowing me to get maybe two more brew days in this week, and that will be it. For the first time in a couple of years (even though the potential capcity has increased), I'll be at full production :p
Also both stir plates in action. WLP300 on the right, and WLP029 on the left.

Doc

Fermentation_Freezer_005__Large_.jpg

Fermentation_Freezer_006___Yeast_Starters.jpg

Doc, the WLP300 stir plate on the right is turned off ! woops !

before photo ?

Doc, the WLP300 stir plate on the right is turned off ! woops !

before photo ?

It is on.
There is no orange dot on that power switch. An you should be able to see the vortex in the middle of the growler. Definitely on.

Beers,
Doc

Doc, you're turning into a 'No Chill' junkie. Good to see :beerbang:

Cheers.

Just a little photograph showing six fermenters being comforted by six little Camemberts showing their first signs of white mould. 11c degrees and 96 % humidity.

Fermfridge.jpg

Regards,
Lindsay.

Pic of my General Motors ferm fridge.
An oldie but a goodie. :beerbang:

fem_fridge.jpg

-- Luke

Just a little photograph showing six fermenters being comforted by six little Camemberts showing their first signs of white mould. 11c degrees and 96 % humidity.

View attachment 12065

Regards,
Lindsay.

How do you adjust the humidity for your cheese? I'm going to start attempting to make some cheeses and was thinking of sharing <gulp> hubby's brew fridge - don't feel sorry for him - he's got 3!

I guess I'm lucky that the chest frezeer adjusted to run at 10c to 13c seems to produce enough moisture to run at about 94 to 96% humidity.
You need high humidity when maturing cheese.
I bought a little elcheapo hygrometer off eBay for the job which seems to do the job efficiently.

Check out my first attempt at camembert here:
beer accompaniment

...but heres my fermenting fridge in action :super: although only at 1/2 capacity...
IMG_1444.jpg

that's beautiful asher. is that permanently mounted in there? is it difficult to clean? how much did it lighten your wallet? :p

How do you adjust the humidity for your cheese? I'm going to start attempting to make some cheeses and was thinking of sharing <gulp> hubby's brew fridge - don't feel sorry for him - he's got 3!

DANG!!!!, JUST SAW THIS REPLY..........

and Ive only got 2!! the other one is a yeast and hops storage fridge...

someone has a quote asking if homwbrewing is an obsession or a hobby. I think these pics provde the answer. you guys are insane this the rigs you set up. I now have something to aspire to and to provide to my wife that no matter how much HB stuff I but theres people out there more obsessed than me.

Thanks guys. great pics.

Check out my first attempt at camembert here:
beer accompaniment

...but heres my fermenting fridge in action :super: although only at 1/2 capacity...
View attachment 12154

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want.!!!

OH YES I WANT ONE.

Where did you get that baby Asher???? and what did it set you back? How does it mount inside the fridge?

Cheers, Pok

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want.!!!

OH YES I WANT ONE.

Where did you get that baby Asher???? and what did it set you back? How does it mount inside the fridge?

Cheers, Pok

Me too, i see it says 'Rota Moulding' on the conical, time for a google i think......

yard

EDIT: found it here

Latest posts

Back