Show Us Your Eletric Mash Paddles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoonta

Reaction score
HI guys I am toying around with the puting a eletric mash paddle in to my new mash tun and would like some insperation from any one that has doen this cheers

MT_MK2_1.jpg

MT_MK2_2.jpg

MT_MK2_3.jpg

MT_MK2_4.jpg

MT_MK2_5.jpg

MT_MK2_6.jpg

MT_MK2_7.jpg

I was reading somewhere recently that a more effective system being trialled by some breweries is vibrating mash tuns. Yup seriously. Shakes that wort right out of them husks. Makes sense.
Please no comments about suitable vibrator sources B)

Is that rotor air powered or electric(sorry I can't make it out from the fittings).

Bribie: All I can say is you would need a whole lot :ph34r:

Hey Guys,

Yes it's an Electric Spit Motor (low RPM, High Torque.. Ideal for mashing)

pretty sure this is the one here ==> http://www.sqcinternational.com.au/spit_ro...isserie_018.htm

Spoonta you should be able to see in the 2nd and 4th pic how it interfaces, basically the shaft has two outer lugs and the motor has one centeral lug which sits inbetween it.

Has worked a treat for over 30 Mashes, sure beats getting up in the morning to stir the mash.

Necessity is the mother of Invention, the missus would rather me stirring her mash.

Cheers Rob.

Necessity is the mother of Invention, the missus would rather me stirring her mash.

Cheers Rob.

Love it! My missus' mash does not require frequent stirring apparently.

Nice job on the brew rig too.

Latest posts

Back