Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo6 said:
Cheers Idzy. The plan is to leave the rig on the West end in front of a roller door so I can still use a burner comfortably. The other end (closer to the old shed) will have a shallow, walk in cool room, although adding a/c will come later.
Then the workbench for tig and metalwork as well as the gym I grabbed off Ramu Gaptu.
Unfortunately, the slab is on a slope (although that will help hosing out any mess) and it's only wired with two 2.5mm2 circuits.
But a big upgrade nonetheless!
The cool room idea would explain the panels in the fore ground of pic # 4.
That'll be fargin nice and handy.

Camo6 said:
Finally getting around to updating the brew cave. A little 3x3m shed was the home of my brewery for the last five or so years but thanks to a generous tax return and an abundance of long weekends/rdo's (thank you ETU) I've found the time to clad the carport my little shed sat under.

Here's the original brew area:
attachicon.gif
20130712_222102.jpg

Preparations underway:
attachicon.gif
20151002_115053 (1280x720).jpg
attachicon.gif
20151002_115039 - Copy (1280x720).jpg

Out with the old and in with the new (for a little shed it sure held a lot of shit):
attachicon.gif
20151004_172418 (1280x720).jpg

The original Single Cell Brewery now relegated to holding garden tools and lawnmowers:
attachicon.gif
20151004_172438 (1280x720).jpg

Will post more pics as the upgrade progresses.
good stuff. Be sure to vermin proof any wall cavities if you line the inside i have had to remove colour bond sheets 3 times now to remove a dead rat from the wall cavity they get in through the c perlin connection plates in corners and under the corrugations need to seal them much easier during construction.

Old internal end wall

Old End.jpg

the almost completed new end

New End.jpg

Its quite astonishing how much bigger it seems inside now, all the same stuff is in there but is so much more a usable space.. The wall is also a wet area and drains, all the timers near the base have been silicone/rubber spray protected, ultimately I think I'll tile it to finish it off and the wall under the window is to have some custom orb attached to it yet. Should come up a treat.

Dam rockeye that is fine.

Thought I would throw this one up, live out of home with a couple of mates and brother. Been about 2 months in the works but the cave is finally in action....and yes the posters are meant to add a classic cheesy touch. Believe it or not it looked like more of a crack den before we moved in, fresh coat of paint helped though. All in all it's still a crack den but its my crack den, nevertheless pretty stoked with the set up. And for anyone wondering the kegerator is in the house.

Cheers!

brew.jpg

Yob said:
that day when you can just drag the hose into the brew cave and start spraying...
Mhm... Had to do that last night. Damn DME dust. Next time pouring from the sack - OUTSIDE.

Pity I don't have a drain. Had to sweep all the water out with a broom. Ah, brewery upgrades... never ending ;)

Best get rid of ALL the residue,it'll attract ants.

Then another pest eradication thread will start....oh no !

Sorry couldn't help myself.

New 3 V brewery gunna go in the corner there between the pot belly and the corner of the shed, gotta build some shelving to start with then probably harass the crap out of Martin over the next few weeks for advice on the minor details[emoji12]. Apologies in advance. Thanks to the Fellow AHB members for the Keggles. Legends[emoji106]. Progress pics to come. Cheers
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1446883387.444637.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1446883426.581275.jpg

Ahh. Nah the little black squares are little pictures pre marked on the map. Never been over west. Seen a bit of the rest of it though. Still got stacks to go. Hopefully one day I'll be a grey nomad and see it then

Have been slowly chipping away at the shed in my spare time but happy to say it's 90% complete and ready for my return to brewing. Changed my mind on the cool room but will use the panels to insulate the hot end of the shed and create a small alcove for a clean area for yeast work. Finally found a home for all those bottles I'd been collecting. The top hat was the perfect size to hold the stubbies snug. I also now know why my liver won't answer my calls.

20151225_075802 (1280x720).jpg20151229_195218 (1280x720).jpg20151229_195241 (1280x720).jpg20160101_174805 (1280x720).jpg

while I havnt had a lot of time to further finish the renovations, the fruits of the earlier work done have come to pass

The 1000lt of tank water in behind the trellis has been awesome all summer, the planter in front has been home to many a butternut pumpkin, a small harvest of hops and about a frikkin zillion tommy toes.. still waiting on raspberries.. maybe next year if I can keep the possum off them..

Back