Show Us Your Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought check valves and aspirators and have never fitted them. For me the beer engine is for parties where it will all be drank in one night, and up until now that's just what has happened.

Batz

I bought check valves and aspirators and have never fitted them. For me the beer engine is for parties where it will all be drank in one night, and up until now that's just what has happened.

Batz
It gets dangerous when there's only two of you at the party :rolleyes: .

It gets dangerous when there's only two of you at the party :rolleyes: .

I'm going to put my Hobgoblin in two 9lt kegs for that exact reason. I want to get stuck into them over Xmas, I'll have my sons here to help out.

Batz

Batz
Yeah I reckon thats the go. Parties and special occasions etc and just polish off a keg i a day or whatever. Although if you ever wanted to sell your aspirator i'll buy it.

Gents,

How do you keep the cylinder at a decent temperature?

I live in Perth and was going to mount my hand-pull on the side of my fridge, for continuous use, but really the 1/4pint in the cylinder is going to sit there getting manky between sessions.

Or do you guys only get the engine out for special events and give them a clean out the day after before "storage'?

Or is it that you just don't care about the first 1/4pint and go from after that one has been cleared?

Markymoo

Gents,

I live in Perth and was going to mount my hand-pull on the side of my fridge, for continuous use, but really the 1/4pint in the cylinder is going to sit there getting manky between sessions.

Or do you guys only get the engine out for special events and give them a clean out the day after before "storage'?

Or is it that you just don't care about the first 1/4pint and go from after that one has been cleared?

Markymoo

I put mine in a plastic rubbish bin with one bag of ice, it's possiably a bit cold for the style.....but hell it's Australia here.
Cleaning I just pump water through it then a bit of PBW and let that sit, then flush with water again.
My beer engine is defiantly a special event thing....as Winkle said, two or more brewers. :party:

Batz

Nice and shiny too :D. I'll polish mine up when I get the chance. I have made a sort of American amber with 1469 for the christening so should be a good day. I didn't think it would last more than 2 day without getting oxidised let alone 2 weeks? Just what I assumed is all.
Actually it's not, but the Brasso that I got from mum had not been used for so long it had solidified and I didn't buy more to shine it up before the wedding. ;)

Gents,

Markymoo

Fit a john guest valve via t-piece to your beer line. Disconnect the beer line from keg and open the valve when you pull your last pint and you'll pull air thru and empty most of the beer from the line into your glass. It works well.

Jez

Damn you people with Beer Engines. I told myself I really don't need one but I am doubting this now.

Gents,

Markymoo

This-

Well im a VERY happy man! I just racked this American amber with 1469 to the keg and let sit for the day while I brewed but the engine got the best of me so I just had to try it. I thought the beer would be to green but oh how I was wrong it's a cracker and tastes even better through the engine :beerbang:

IMG_0779.jpg

It's really strange how the beer tastes so different from the engine as apposed to straight from the fermentor valve or beer tap.

Well im a VERY happy man! I just racked this American amber with 1469 to the keg and let sit for the day while I brewed but the engine got the best of me so I just had to try it. I thought the beer would be to green but oh how I was wrong it's a cracker and tastes even better through the engine :beerbang:

View attachment 58995

It's really strange how the beer tastes so different from the engine as apposed to straight from the fermentor valve or beer tap.

Was that engine from fleabay or something similiar? i remember seeing it at one point :(
Trying to find one now that does not cost $120 pound shipping.

Was that engine from fleabay or something similiar? i remember seeing it at one point :(
Trying to find one now that does not cost $120 pound shipping.
No. My wife is a pom so Iv'e got good connections with free shipping when the mother in-law visits. Always getting glasses and beers. Cost me 90 pounds all up. It has a jacket for cooling which will come in handy in this despicable heat!

No. My wife is a pom so Iv'e got good connections with free shipping when the mother in-law visits. Always getting glasses and beers. Cost me 90 pounds all up. It has a jacket for cooling which will come in handy in this despicable heat!

If i buy your mother in law a beer will i be able to get my beer engine on too?

NigeP62 said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_0679.JPG

Adelaide brewers get together featured 5 Beer Engines on Saturday night.

That is impressive, well done guys.

Latest posts

Back