Show Us Ya Stash!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well for the 3rd year in a row I'm packing up the family and moving interstate. That means I can't have any beer left come moving day so its yet another summer of no (real) beer :(
Best I've gotten to is 5 1/2 kegs of beer and 30 PET's in the cupboard. Next year will be different - no moving, I'm starting AG and I'm getting a new shed to brew in :super: I'll have a decent photo to post in 12 months time that's for sure!

On the wine bottle thing does anyone know how to cap them or do you just cork them (thinking corks are no good for beer)?
The guy who lived here before me made his own wine under the house and i think there must be about 100 bottles under there empty and full (the full ones are vinegar now)

mate this is a bit off topic but search in the google search section for champagne bottles.
wine bottles aren't designed to take pressure too well.
you can get champagne caps (like beer ones). you need a bigger capper but his is only a few bucks extra for the special head. it is called Tirage caps. check the G and G site up top, they sell them and the capping heads.

recently capped my first champagne round. looks the shit. Am out of town for a few weeks but when back home will post a pic of my stash :icon_cheers:

Back