Settling Down - The End Of Craft Beer Promiscuity!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisluki

Reaction score
So, us craft beer drinkers are notoriously promiscuous...but will we always be that way?

I wonder whether the comfort zone for craft beer drinkers needs to be considered in the plans of all these brewries starrting up these days?

http://Craft Beer drinkers are notoriously promiscuous...but will they always be? http://beerhealer.com/index.php/2017/03/27/settling-end-craft-beer-promiscuity/

Thoughts?

Cheers

Chris
slide_1.jpg

It's even worse at homebrew level. I read this forum and see folks wedded to yeast starters and then having a fling with a Danstar Nottingham...or so definitive about carapils and then trying wheat and finding it gives better head...

Google defines promiscuous as (apart from the sexual variant); demonstrating or implying an unselective approach; indiscriminate or casual.
I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm very discriminating in my beer selection. Quality is paramount because - especially since I make my own - I find it difficult to pay $20+ for a six-pack.

Also, your Beer Healer spruiking link is broken.

mtb said:
Google defines promiscuous as (apart from the sexual variant); demonstrating or implying an unselective approach; indiscriminate or casual.[/size]
I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm very discriminating in my beer selection. Quality is paramount because - especially since I make my own - I find it difficult to pay $20+ for a six-pack.

You'd probably gibber at the $65 bottles then?

mtb said:
Google defines promiscuous as (apart from the sexual variant); demonstrating or implying an unselective approach; indiscriminate or casual.

Google defines difficult as:
needing much effort or skill to accomplish, deal with, or understand.
"she had a difficult decision to make"

I found it somewhere north of difficult to part with $27 for four pack of some crafty IPA last weekend. Admittedly this was from a retailer who specialized in wine and the beer pricing seemed somewhat arbitrary.

Mardoo said:
Once a whore, always a whore, so I'm off to the beer store!
Homebrewing makes you a pimp. Beer is now your beeach.

mtb said:

Yeah, maybe not quite the right word...but it is one that Jim Koch used to describe craft beer drinkers once!

not sure how to edit the link?

Dave70 said:
I found it somewhere north of difficult to part with $27 for four pack of some crafty IPA last weekend. Admittedly this was from a retailer who specialized in wine and the beer pricing seemed somewhat arbitrary.
Yeah, that's boutique prices.. I'm talking $36 for two sixers of Four Pines (a damn tasty brew).

Back