Do We Have Double Standards With Craft Beer Brands vs Other Industries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sp0rk said:
I never stopped wearing shorts...
Yes but are they SHORT shorts? I wear shorts, but they come to the lower thigh/top of the knee.

Frankly this is one trend that should have staid in the 70s and early 80s, I just don't need to see that much man leg on display. Even footy shorts are longer than the ones I'm talking about.

chrisluki said:
Had you considered stopping running?
Yes I considered it .. but the old "use it or lose it" adage came to the fore.

I suppose it could have chosen "use it and lose it" .. but I'll go with the glass half full option : )

chrisluki said:
i thought all craft beer was organic anyway? No?
On that note, I was forced into a hipster cafe' for a sandwich the other day. I asked for a diet coke as I'm trying to keep down the sugar at the moment (two parents with diabetes etc.) .."sorry they says, we only have naturally brewed such and such softdrink" .. .it' s good for you.

"Okay righto then, I say's" does it have much sugar? .. "not much at all they say" ...

Drink comes out, 26 grams of sugar on the label.

Point of rant ... just because it's "Craft" does not mean it's any good for you, or necessarily brewed in a good way.

good4whatAlesU said:
On that note, I was forced into a hipster cafe' for a sandwich the other day. I asked for a diet coke as I'm trying to keep down the sugar at the moment (two parents with diabetes etc.) .."sorry they says, we only have naturally brewed such and such softdrink" .. .it' s good for you.

"Okay righto then, I say's" does it have much sugar? .. "not much at all they say" ...

Drink comes out, 26 grams of sugar on the label.

Point of rant ... just because it's "Craft" does not mean it's any good for you, or necessarily brewed in a good way.
I'm hearing ya! Turned 40 and the doctor told me to drop sugar cos of Dad has Type-2.
5 cups of coffee a day, means 10 less teaspoons of sugar...it's fair to say i have lost a few kg's!!

Latest posts

Back