Serving A 9litre Keg With Co2 Cannister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Ive been looking at these cannisters to serve a 9 litre keg at my Bros on xmas day. Does anyone know if they will serve a full 9 litre keg (already carbed up) on one cannister? And if not how many do you need?

Capture.PNG

i can do one 9L keg minimum of one max of two. the variable is who has control of the gas. if its me can do it easily on one. if i let the mates do it its 2.
all you need is the tinniest squeeze on the trigger of these.

Yes they will, i have one but there are a couple of issues. Do not under any circumstances discharge the whole CO2 canister into the keg as it is way to much and it can buckle your keg or if your PRV goes off beer will go everywhere. The other issue is if you are using a pluto gun you will shoot foam every where, you need some type of flow restrictor either inline or tap for it to work. If that is cool, then it works no problemo.

Hide the canister until someone complains it's not pouring.

One tiny squirt.

Hide the canister until someone complains it's not pouring.

I have that c02 charger setup as well as a soda charger adapter + c02 bottle from kmart - and to be honest, for value for money you are better off with the latter.

Thanks gents. I was of the impression you squezeed the trigger and kept it locked open the entire time.

So just one squirt will do then? Ok sounds good.

I have real trouble loading the cartridge. Anyone got any tips on the easiest way to do this?

One 16g bulb will do a 19L keg if you're careful.

I use a 540g dieman bottle + full size reg these days to stop people messing with the gas

I have real trouble loading the cartridge. Anyone got any tips on the easiest way to do this?

There is an order to doing it or you can trash the unit. I can't remember if it is cartridge first then screw the MFL quick disconnect in second or the other way around. It is on the instructions though. But I have done this the wrong way and the cartridge (and all future cartridges) just leak so be careful. If you chucked the instructions I can go and dig mine out of the garage if you need. :drinks:

screw the canister on slowly,
when you start to feel the resistance that the end of the bulb will puncture, twist it on quickly and hard.

Some pressure will vent until you get the canister to seal, but that release of gas should only be a blink of an eye if you are fast.

Latest posts

Back