Servicing taps, lube?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus.Morgo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a few new taps and want to give them a solid clean before use by disassembling. What does everyone use as lube for the o rings?

Cheers

I use Haynes lube.

Over time, the keg orings expand and get loose.

I have been wondering if the lube is messing with the rubber or whatever they are made of.

I'm a red ring pinlock man, but I have also used black ball lock orings for a while and they did the same thing.

Anyone got any thoughts or knowledge on this?

Have been thinkig about changing brands to see. Takes a while (months at least) to happen.

Rubber does that over time. Silicone is a better material. I don't think Haynes Lubrifilm Plus has had any negative effect.

Mr B said:
I use Haynes lube.

Over time, the keg orings expand and get loose.

I have been wondering if the lube is messing with the rubber or whatever they are made of.

I'm a red ring pinlock man, but I have also used black ball lock orings for a while and they did the same thing.

Anyone got any thoughts or knowledge on this?

Have been thinkig about changing brands to see. Takes a while (months at least) to happen.
Get silicone ones, rubber are crap.

I don't think the lube has any negative effect entirely, but I do find it dries a LOT quicker with the rubber ones... dries to almost a paste rather than a gel.

Latest posts

Back