Self-serve draught beer through hole in the wall in Czech

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funk then Funk1 said:
If you're 15 you would only have to swipe your Mum of Dad's ID then "swipe ID"
When I was 15 in the UK I went on a school exchange fortnight and stayed with a family in Bratislava (now in Slovakia but formerly Czechoslovakia) and we drank freely in the pubs as there was no drinking age. Man did we get hammered on a couple of litres of Pils :D

If you happen to have a Krisflyer Gold Card and passing through Singapore Airport there is unlimited self service Tiger draught beer in the Gold Lounge. Free food and free beer luxury.

I tend to hit the Whisky hard but it is only blends but a Tiger and whisky chaser. :beerbang:

Bribie G said:
When I was 15 in the UK I went on a school exchange fortnight and stayed with a family in Bratislava (now in Slovakia but formerly Czechoslovakia) and we drank freely in the pubs as there was no drinking age. Man did we get hammered on a couple of litres of Pils :D
Where I grew up in the UK the local pubs didn't bat an eyelid if you were 15 so long as you werent stupid enough to rock up in school uniform, you hadn't caused trouble before, didn't ask for a pint of local cider and there weren't too many of you.

Blind Dog said:
Where I grew up in the UK the local pubs didn't bat an eyelid if you were 15 so long as you werent stupid enough to rock up in school uniform, you hadn't caused trouble before, didn't ask for a pint of local cider and there weren't too many of you.

Why was the cider a no-go?

In the era referred to, in South West of England and in South Wales the local cider, served out of wooden barrels or on handpump was about half the price of draught beer and five pints would render you incontinent and running up and down the street waving your knickers in the air. Much favoured by derros and students.

In Cardiff where I lived at the time the colloquial name for rough cider was "screech".

My brother in law managed a pub in London (maybe 10 years ago) and they had him take the Licensee exam, so I had a nosey through the exam text book (which had all the general conditions along with with drinking ages etc) and in that it said that if you were 16 and were sitting down to eat food, you could order draught beer but you could only drink it at the table.

In vic you can have a beer or wine with a meal if your underage. But you must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian. They must order it also I think.

Tahoose said:
In vic you can have a beer or wine with a meal if your underage. But you must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian. They must order it also I think.
Hmm.

Travelling through Europe in 2013 in one of our many pub sampling excursions I ordered 2 beers,1 for myself and 1 for my brother inlaw,my then almost 17 yr son said " three Dad".
The little bugga had done his home work and was allowed to drink , all three of us had many memorable excursions.

Tahoose said:
Its ok in private, but not in a licensed venue. Here is the guff Vic .
I am a licensee in NSW and this comes up all the time.
In fact, where underage ARE allowed in the immediate presence of a responsible adult (can of worms) I can cop a $5500 fine if the adult isnt there. Fxcken parents get a few into them then wander off....
Also, the adult can get a $3300 fine for letting their kid drink alcohol and the kid gets $2200 fine on a licensed premise. At home, no worries if the parent says its ok.

I was in Barcelona recently and there was a vending machine on my floor that sold 330ml cans of Estrella for 2 Euros. Had to do it for the novelty.

Having the vending machine on the floor would be handy when pissed ;)

Latest posts

Back