Secondhand Fridge Shops in Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krausenhaus

Reaction score
I'm chasing a secondhand fridge for fermenting, and looking for a well-stocked shop that I can go and browse to find something that suits my needs. I know there are shitloads of fridges on Gumtree but I'm after a no-freezer one which are harder to find.

There are a bunch of places that come up on Google but I'm hoping some AHBers might be able to recommend one. I'm in Coburg but don't mind driving around.

Cheers!

Check down sydney road. Sure there's a couple of old whitegoods places on the left between blyth and glenlyon.
Otherwise try the factory seconds joint near the corner of arthurton/separation and high street in northcote.

piraterum said:
I recently bought a decent second hand fridge from Sunny Electronics.

http://www.sunnyelectronics.com.au/Warehouse-sale.html

The Thornbury store has newer and fridges in better condition but a smaller range.

The clearance wareshouse in Preston has a much bigger range but a lot of them are old or in poor condition.

Either way might be worth a look.
Awesome, thanks heaps. Will go check it out.

Grainer said:
ebay.. there are plenty there
Yep, I do know how to use the internet, thanks.

manticle said:
Check down sydney road. Sure there's a couple of old whitegoods places on the left between blyth and glenlyon.
Otherwise try the factory seconds joint near the corner of arthurton/separation and high street in northcote.
Cheers manticle, I noticed those Sydney road shops when I first moved here but promptly forgot about them. Will pay a visit to the other one too.

krausenhaus said:
I'm chasing a secondhand fridge for fermenting, and looking for a well-stocked shop that I can go and browse to find something that suits my needs. I know there are shitloads of fridges on Gumtree but I'm after a no-freezer one which are harder to find.

There are a bunch of places that come up on Google but I'm hoping some AHBers might be able to recommend one. I'm in Coburg but don't mind driving around.

Cheers!
Hey
You move for a job, is the lady with you ?.
Nev

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Hey
You move for a job, is the lady with you ?.
Nev
Nev! Yeah we both moved here to look for work. Still looking for something decent though.

Will probably need some parts for the new rig when I'm back next so will swing by for a beer

If you're choking out Sunny Electronics, drive another 5-10mins up the road and there's another 2 places on Plenty Rd. One is just north of Bell St and the other is a further few hundred metres north on the opposite side.

Latest posts

Back