Se Qld Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Bugger I haven't got enough BB ale to brew a APA. :eek:
Who'd be up for yet another bulk buy - say the end of Jan?

I'll be up for it by then. Now to convince wifey. ;)

Contingent on Ross getting the margas in by end of Jan. I'll quiz him when he gets back off his much needed respite next week. No point in having a sack or two of MO and nothing to crack it with.

Sounds good to me, count me in.

Thirsty weather up here at the moment :lol:

Cheers,

TS

any of the Bundy/Hervey Bay/Agnes crew getting in on this ?

Yard

I may be in for a couple of sacks.

Slightly OT but will help me concider getting a sack - (NOOB QUESTION ALERT) How long does grain keep uncracked and how should it be stored?

Cheers

Sully

No probs with noob questions.
Keeps for years if in an air tight bin, in a dry and dark environment. Best not to keep for longer than 12 months as it wont be as fresh after that.

No probs with noob questions.
Keeps for years if in an air tight bin, in a dry and dark environment. Best not to keep for longer than 12 months as it wont be as fresh after that.

Decision made - Count me in for a sack.

Cheers

Sully

I'm in too, my stocks are dangerously low.... :eek:

Sqyre... ;)

Bugger I haven't got enough BB ale to brew a APA. :eek:
Who'd be up for yet another bulk buy - say the end of Jan?

Sounds good put me. I'm in for a couple of sacks... :D
What's available and any idea what the damage will be... :huh:

Bob

Sounds good put me. I'm in for a couple of sacks... :D
What's available and any idea what the damage will be... :huh:

Bob

Prices are as per the Craftbrewer Website Bulk Buy List...
Sqyre.. ;)

EDIT: the link wouldn't work ...

Id be in if I had a way to crack it...

How many brewers in Happy Rock I wonder?

Cheers,
Jake

Cheers,
Jake

Where is Happy Rock???

Also be aware the frieght is to Ross's shop (or another location)... and its everyone pickup from there.
There is no forward frieghting from that point.. you need to collect it personally or have someone pick it up for you..

The last time i walked into Ross's shop it was jam packed so i'm guessing he wont have room to keep anything there after closing time..

Sqyre..

Cheers,
Jake

check post #5, plenty of AG brewers 2 hrs drive south Jake,

btw, non locals won't know Happy Rock is Gladstone ;)

Cheers
Yard

Where is Happy Rock???

Also be aware the frieght is to Ross's shop (or another location)... and its everyone pickup from there.
There is no forward frieghting from that point.. you need to collect it personally or have someone pick it up for you..

The last time i walked into Ross's shop it was jam packed so i'm guessing he wont have room to keep anything there after closing time..

Sqyre..

ASSUMING I can get a Marga Mill and I'm in the buy, I'll pick my own up as Ross is only 50 mins from here down the gateway, and I can bring say extra 10 sacks max if PPL pay ROSS in advance and I can park at the Sundowner/Maccas on the way home. Might help a couple of locals and maybe even southern Sunny Coast like Tidal Pete etc.
Depends on the mill situation of course, might know by Monday hopefully.

ASSUMING I can get a Marga Mill and I'm in the buy, I'll pick my own up as Ross is only 50 mins from here down the gateway, and I can bring say extra 10 sacks max if PPL pay ROSS in advance and I can park at the Sundowner/Maccas on the way home. Might help a couple of locals and maybe even southern Sunny Coast like Tidal Pete etc.
Depends on the mill situation of course, might know by Monday hopefully.

I can help with that too BribieG. I have a ute.

Even if you dont get a mill I should have mine up and running by then (hopefully) and you're quite welcome to use. We arent that far from each other, just take a little planning.

Sully.

Latest posts

Back