Schutzenfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is anyone keen to meet up for a beer at the wheaty. Doesnt necessarily have to be on the schitsenfaced weekend either. Is there an Adelaide Mash Brewers get together coming up? The forum is down.

Check out brewadelaide.com/forum

I am in Bordertown today and hope to be back in time. I think AMB ran out of batteries.

I might slide on down to the 'Sheaf for a glass of ale after work too.

I would make it tonight, however, I am not drinking beer until I am 80 kilos...am 89 at the moment...am starting to contemplate cutting of my left arm, since I don't use it very much...that should bring me back to a drinking weight.

Have you weighed yr left arm? Does it weigh 9kg?

What is the Shutzenfest anyway....i was given a ceramic stein by a mate who bought a box full of junk at an auction last year,its pretty old i think

He gave it to me cause im a shooter...i thought in might have been a old german hunting fesival or something

as the others said it is a German Shooting / German festival that the bogans attend

I am there for the shooting on both days :) lol have not shot an air rifle in about 5 yeas so see how this goes not expecting much though

it is next to Adelaide High School on west tec

ta for that link Kieren

I also would be keen on a get to-gether just need a bit of time to organise around things on

I'll be at the Wheaty tonight as well, despite weighing over 80kg.

sooo...let me get this straight..

there is shooting at a german beer festival...in SA

what could possibly go wrong... :huh:

sooo...let me get this straight..

there is shooting at a german beer festival...in SA

what could possibly go wrong... :huh:

yep

and nothing has ever gone wrong before, no crazy people running about shooting the place up

my understanding from what I was told people are checked before they are allowed on to the range to shoot so no shooting if you are drunk

I would make it tonight, however, I am not drinking beer until I am 80 kilos...am 89 at the moment...am starting to contemplate cutting of my left arm, since I don't use it very much...that should bring me back to a drinking weight.
A couple hours in a sauna should have you under 80 kilos, then you can rehydrate.

I will endeavour to make it after work and a family function.

The shooting part of the festival is extremely well run.
Shame the same can't be said for the bogan part! :icon_vomit:
Nige

What sort of shooting do they do there....im a clay target (trap) shooter and would probly come over next year if its run well...

Sounds like its a bit of a Shitzenfest otherwise though..nothing like P.U.B's to spoil a good do...

What sort of shooting do they do there....im a clay target (trap) shooter and would probly come over next year if its run well...

Sounds like its a bit of a Shitzenfest otherwise though..nothing like P.U.B's to spoil a good do...
Nothing so exciting. Air rifles at 25m IIRC.

Clays?
Nothing as exciting as that, i shot field and game for 20 years here, a member of southern region, we held the nationals in 98, and have competed all over the country.if you ever come over give me a call, i have not shot comp for 6 - 7 years, since my kids started school, but would be keen to get out for a crack

Regards Tony

This thread has caused me to invent Hatchyfest. 14th Jan at my place. There will be no shooting (hopefully). There will also not be any $20 entry fee, overpriced coopers or lineups for the toilet. I'll probably be brewing that day so if anyone is keen to either bring some homebrew around (or drink mine) then let me know.

I'd like to get to the Wheaty tonight but Mrs Hatchy isn't drinking at the moment due to some health concerns & would like me to be a supportive husband. I'll try some sweet talking when she gets home to see if I can get there for a pint but my sweet talking leaves a bit to be desired. I also haven't mentioned Hatchyfest to her so I'll have a chat with her about that to make sure we're not doing anything.

I reckon Butters & I would struggle to weigh that much combined! :lol:

Latest posts

Back