Schutzenfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phillip! I have been to German beer halls and loved them I would love to help your idea become a reality! I have lots of ideas aswell! I also have very little to no money............ :(

edit: if there are any adelaide members who do actually want to put on an event the same size as the schutzenfest, then just let me know...have got lots of plans that I think will be sweet!

Mate I would love to be involved in such a thing... however I might only be in SA for another 12 months but would love to help out if the opportunity happened. Just need some good sponsors to fork out the cash and the good times will follow....ohh and know a good portable toilet supplier :p

A mini/private schutzenfest in the Barossa :chug: That is something to think about :)
Where when and how. Brattys and sauerkraut, metty, white pudding........etc makes my mouth water. Autumn or Spring?

BYB

even better an oktoberfest in the barrossa with beer tents and banss like in munich in october with german food and beer by the mass krug(1 litre) and german musoic by the day and late afternoon eving party music that be the go u could get the german clubs and austrian clubs involved hence they have a little money

instead of starting a new thread though I would post here

anyone going to Schutzenfest this year ??

I am going for the first time this year and will be there both days :) as I have organised to have the Friday off as well :)

Is there any way to find out what beers are going to be on tap before the event? Pretty keen if the food and beer is good. But thats the only reason i'd be there- wonder if the crowds, queues and costs are worth it...

Is there any way to find out what beers are going to be on tap before the event? Pretty keen if the food and beer is good. But thats the only reason i'd be there- wonder if the crowds, queues and costs are worth it...

I could not see anything on there web site

apart from Coopers or Aussie Cider have bars there

Yeah, i just had a look too. Definitely not going if there isnt much on offer other than coopers and ciders (both of them are great, but for me, not worth the effort). Hmmmm.

Schutzenfest at the Wheaty! I would be up for that! Better than the standard german beers (iirc last time I went they had haufbrau schwelmer pils, DAB - all good beers however) you will get at the schutzenfest and you don't have to pay to get in.

If I still lived in the hills I think I'd just sneak off to the Hahndorf Inn for a glass or two..

90% sure ill be going this year, missed last year. most likley with my girlfriend, So ill have to put on the sunnys! ;) hehe!
Is it not at Ellis Park this year? Thats not so close to the wheaty.?

What is the Shutzenfest anyway....i was given a ceramic stein by a mate who bought a box full of junk at an auction last year,its pretty old i think

He gave it to me cause im a shooter...i thought in might have been a old german hunting fesival or something

What is the Shutzenfest anyway....i was given a ceramic stein by a mate who bought a box full of junk at an auction last year,its pretty old i think

He gave it to me cause im a shooter...i thought in might have been a old german hunting fesival or something
It's a German shooting festival that has become a bogan drinking festival.

Bogan drinkin festivle. Haaaaaa thats funny as because its so true.

I normally go but havnt been for a few years and doubt that i will going this year either

Pity it's not a German beer drinking bogan shooting festival rather then the German shooting festival for beer drinking bogans that it has become....!

Personally I haven't been to one since they moved it to the city, biggest mistake that was ever made with Schitzenface, putting in reach of public transport.

+1

Worth going to if you like to pay ~$20 to wait in lines in the heat for overpriced coopers and average food...not to mention the drunk bogans looking for a fight, or is that glenelg NYE?

So is anyone keen to meet up for a beer at the wheaty. Doesnt necessarily have to be on the schitsenfaced weekend either. Is there an Adelaide Mash Brewers get together coming up? The forum is down.

Drinks at the Wheaty tonight for locals night I'd imagine.

Latest posts

Back