Schutzenfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamt

Too busy (lazy) to brew.
Reaction score
Got invited to the schutzenfest with the promise of a free ticket... And I'm there now!

It's a lot better than I remember it! Lots of boozy wankers about drinking Jim beam, but a lot of music, food, and culture on display also.

There's fresh schofferhoffer on tap, which is perfect for this stinking hot 40C weather! There's also bjtburger, dab, raderberger pils on tap, and some other bottled pilsners, as well as coopers.

My phone is now soaked in sweat, so I better leave it there!

Prost.

Enjoy!

Too hot for my liking...

Been a while since I have been to this event.

It's the hefeweizen! Going down like mother's milk.

It's the hefeweizen! Going down like mother's milk.

No I really fookin hate you! <_<

Sooooo bloody jealous I just love all the schofferhofer beirs... BTW it's 1 F :p See now you've turned me into a speelinkz Nazi...

Enjoy mate

Chap Chap

Aaaaaw guys, you're making me homesick :angry:

I remember trooping along to the Schutzenfest all through the '70s to watch my father shoot in the comp.

Not sure what they shoot now (if anything at all), but in those days it was big bore (7.62mm) rifles.

Remember the coffee cake and the gingerbread fondly (I was too young to partake in the amber)

Between Schutzenfest and the Dean rifle range in Port Adelaide, that accounted for about 60% of my trips to the big smoke as a kid.

For those that get to go, raise a cold one for me! (I will be playing cricket instead!)

Prost!

Sooooo bloody jealous I just love all the schofferhofer beirs...

schofferhofer_grapefruit.jpg

Mmm. Grapefruit shandy.

raderberger pils i had in germany recently just like the other pils in germanyand i thought at the fest was only dab & coopers then again bring on the swein haxe then ill be there and the proper wiess wurst

Oh yeah.... I saw roasted hocks too!

I'm now watching a kendo demonstration, obviously a classic traditional cultural piece at the schutzenfest.

Last time I went, 3-4yrs back, there was a line up, all bullshit aside and no exaggeration, 50 meters to have a slash. NEVER again.

I just got sold a pretzel by a girl in a very low cut
top... I bought one and I made sure she leaned forwards to give it to me.

The pretzel wasn't that great but you pay for the service!

I just got sold a pretzel by a girl in a very low cut
top... I bought one and I made sure she leaned forwards to give it to me.

The pretzel wasn't that great but you pay for the service!

Did she have a beard? :lol: (in house joke)

There is booty everywhere, but absolutely no wife material in sight though... Can't upload a picture from my phone!

I don't feel jealious at all. The schutzenfest is walking distance from me (about 10 mins) but I wouldn't go there if you paid me...

Ridiculously long lines, expensive food and beer and having to line up twice to get them, then lineing up to go to the toilet. It was like the big day out but without the music...

Paying to get into an expensive crowded area full of jokers and drunk bogans...not what I would call a great night out!

I could put on a better schutzenfest than the one that they have going at the moment. It would be more like the oktoberfest, sit down in long halls with ompah bands etc...and you wouldn't have to pay to get inside!

I could put on a better schutzenfest than the one that they have going at the moment. It would be more like the oktoberfest, sit down in long halls with ompah bands etc...and you wouldn't have to pay to get inside!

Well why dont you big fella?

Well why dont you big fella?

have been actually contemplating doing one since going to the first schutzenfest...but just don't have enough time, or enough like minded people to assist in the organising of the event.

I have put on a drum n bass club night before and have been hooked with organising events, and I do plan on putting on some dubstep club nights on soon in adelaide...but ever since my promotion to on-site duty manager for a new hotel, I just don't have a life anymore - my job involves me being on site every night from 7pm to 7am and also have to work there 8 hours a day...don't even have time to go to the gym let alone plan a huge event like a fauxtoberfest...

Cheers
Phil

edit: if there are any adelaide members who do actually want to put on an event the same size as the schutzenfest, then just let me know...have got lots of plans that I think will be sweet!

Have fun mate! I went last year and had a blast! cant go this year cause im broke! I spent $250 at the Manse last night and its bloody 41c outside! Drinking Sparkling at home instead! and eating Pizza! Still......wish i was there!

Latest posts

Back