Scared To Drink My Tasty Brew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can honestly say, that i have never seen that served at any bar. I worked in one bar, an all they sold was saxby's ginger beer (Not my favorite).

I'm not much into the whole ginger beer drinks, except for the Jim Beam one. If i can find a bundy one somewhere (I'll have a look at the bottle-o next time i go) i'll give it a go.

Cheers,
The Beer Baron

I thought you were taking the piss when you said you hadn't heard of it.
Bundaberg ginger beer is non-alcoholic. You can buy it from coles/woolies etc. Best soft drink ever created.

So if it is fusel alcohols and it sounds like it is, will time in the bottle help him out or will the yeast be too dormant?

Unfortunately I think the answer is no. Certainly some yeast by products can be cleaned up with time because they have only been partly digested, but I think, given that alcohol in high concentration is just as poisonous to yeast as humans, trying to metabolise fusel alcohol will not go so well for the yeasties.

BeerBarron, I know you had a high temperature ferment, but it was also very short. If your using glass bottles I'd be worried some of them might explode (unless you checked with a hydrometer that you reached the expected result). If your using plastic, you may find in a few weeks that they are all boys and have to have some pressure released first if you want to get any in the glass.

Seriously mate, I don't think that it is a case of HTFU...

It's a case of STFD (Slow the F%CK Down)... B)

If you can afford Jagermeister, then you can afford for the homebrew boosters to have time to mature...

If you're used to chugging Jagermeister, then a few more wont hurt you... :ph34r:

Keep the fermenting temp lower and give the time for the brew to mature in the bottle...

Yeah, I know, I was young too... (or was I, can't remember...) D'oh! :(

Enjoy your efforts, but give them time to mellow (read mature, age and improve here.).

Cheers,

K
(my 2c)

Who says you can't have more than 4 red bulls or Vs per day???

Jesus, I think back to my days working in bars, an average 20hour day would involve 5-6 double lattes, roughly 12 redbulls and god knows how many smokes.....

So glad I quit that job now....

I have taken the advice that it was Fusel Alcohol.

If you read my original post you'd know i wouldn't need to 'Harden up'. I have been doing Jagerbombs since i was 16... I was just asking if their is anything else people have tried that won't put me in cardiac arrest after i down a few bombs.

Seriously, i don't find that post humorous or helpful. Maybe your just being playful, i'm not sure... But if your being serious i really do hate that kind of attitude. The way i see it, just because i am capable of drinking more than the average person... does not mean i have to.

Sorry if I'm going over the top here, but i can't stress how much i hate the mucho manly mentality that is pretty much forced on people these days.

Drinking is a leisurely thing, not something that should make you sick.

Cheers,
The Beer Baron

PS: Looking back at the posts i realize you are most likely just joking around, so if that is the case i apologize.

Of course he is !
Don't get too hung up on replies here,some of us like a bit of humor on this site.You've only had a few posts so perhaps you haven't quite got the feel of this place yet.You are receiving some excellent feedback I am sure you agree.
It really pays to have broad shoulders here,friendships have been lost because some members can't take a bit of ribbing.
Anyway welcome and I hope your next brew is better,plenty of good info here,between the funny crap.

Batz

Seems blandly obvious to me
Have you asked your mate how he is? Perhaps he's dead?
Batz

LoL. Batz
:icon_vomit:

seriously though I don't see how that could happen.
I've made some seriously bad 'Steam' kit beers in times past and the hangover
was not as bad as drinking commercials.

4 days in fermenter ?

This Must be too short ?

That is no where near enough time for the yeasties to clean up byproducts and
condition the beer, not too mention as others have said about bottle conditioning.

Welcome to the forum champ, hope your next experience with hb is better.
:beer:

It's a case of STFD (Slow the F%CK Down)... B)

If you can afford Jagermeister, then you can afford for the homebrew boosters to have time to mature...

If you're used to chugging Jagermeister, then a few more wont hurt you... :ph34r:

Keep the fermenting temp lower and give the time for the brew to mature in the bottle...

Yeah, I know, I was young too... (or was I, can't remember...) D'oh! :(

I'm only getting the jagermeister because the home brew leaves me unable to move .

As for the lower temps, being my first brew, i don't really know how to lower the temps. But i have a empty freezer that i may use to keep it at a good temp. Assuming it's capable of not freezing the beer.

I have received alot of info from you guys.. It's a wonderful site. Without it i think i would still be on the ground writhing in pain. I'll try to take some of posts for what they are.. just honest fun. My apologies :) .

Reckon it would be safe just to have 1-2 of the beers still? They are really tasty.

I would doubt that there would be one person on here that hasnt made a bad beer.
I have not poisined myself but my first beer, an old school brigalow kit tasted like the 30m nylex garden hose sitting in the sun I used to fill the fermenter with then brewed in in hot NQ temps. It got tipped out and I didnt try again for about 5 years. But this site wasnt around then actually neither were mobile phones. Dont give up read the threads and youll be fine.

Cheers Brad

WTF? Young kids these days...

Bundy makes more than just rum ya know! linky

Anyway, a ginger beer with a good strong ginger flavour would probably work just as well. I think Cascade does one.

Bundy makes rum?? :icon_vomit:

I know i can drink more than the average person because of my experiences with alot of drinkers...

Ah, ha, but didn't you know, the average home brewer is not the average person! In fact, if you hang around here long enough, you'll find out we're all 6' 8" tall, weigh 120kg, can bench-press full CUB kegs in each hand, and without exception are married/partnered to super models.

Cheers, and welcome to our club :)

Hi BeerBaron89,

May or may not be relevant to you, but I have some friends who have a bit of a yeast intolerance. They are fine drinking filtered and pasteurised commercial beer, but homebrew can really have a bad affect on them.

4 days in the fermenter and a couple of weeks in the bottle means you will have a lot of suspended and settled yeast, as you mentioned. Longer fermentation, and perhaps gelatine can help this, as well as making a better beer.

I have filtered a few beers and they are able to drink those beers with much less side-affects than non-filtered beers.

mortz

Ah, ha, but didn't you know, the average home brewer is not the average person! In fact, if you hang around here long enough, you'll find out we're all 6' 8" tall, weigh 120kg, can bench-press full CUB kegs in each hand, and without exception are married/partnered to super models.

Cheers, and welcome to our club :)

gallery_7532_376_4303.jpg
Some are just beer pigs :D

Tell you what BrewBarron. How about you come round to my place one night for a beer and a chat about brewing. I will show you some basic requirements of the craft and also the extreme end of it........ All Grain Brewing!

You sound keen on brewing........ you just need to be pointed in the right direction!

does wednesday night after 7:30 work? Will you be sober? :p

Yeah we love to take the piss on here, you will get used to it!

cheers

If i can find a bundy one somewhere (I'll have a look at the bottle-o next time i go) i'll give it a go.

Just drop into woolies. It's just a regular un-alcoholic ginger beer. Well, not regular, its preeeetty darn delish... but yea, no need to go to a bottle-o to pick up a pack of those bad boys

Sponge

Tell you what BrewBarron. How about you come round to my place one night for a beer and a chat about brewing. I will show you some basic requirements of the craft and also the extreme end of it........ All Grain Brewing!
Tony,

Still trying to get rid of your stock of infected beer? :lol:

Yeah we love to take the piss on here, you will get used to it!

Cheers, Andrew.

May or may not be relevant to you, but I have some friends who have a bit of a yeast intolerance. They are fine drinking filtered and pasteurised commercial beer, but homebrew can really have a bad affect on them.

I thought it could be something like that, but was uncertain. I will leave them to settle... And drink half of each bottle so no yeast is there.. and see if i can get up the next day. Unless their is an easier way ^.^

However i wiki'd fusel alcohol, and those symptoms were exactly how i was feeling.

Tony, that sounds awesome. But forgive me for being cautious, but i don't know about meeting you at your house. You know how Rutherford is ;) . I will be sober Wednesday... If your keen i wouldn't mind meeting up at the Rutherford pub.

Just out of curiosity, where abouts are you located in rutherford? I have a feeling i might know you, Rutherford being the big place that it is :lol: .

I'm only 6'2 , 95kg (mostly beergut), and my bench-press is rusting away :p . Beer helps your grow i suppose.

Latest posts

Back