Scales recommendation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fendercaster

Reaction score
Just chasing up a new set of scales. My ones at home have been playing up and the reason for a few bitter brews.
Any recommendations?

For grain, hops or salts?
Don't have any recommendations, just trying to narrow down the answers for you.

My reloading scale doubles as very accurate hop scale. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1485307769.518751.jpg

I have almost exactly the same scales as SBOB above and it is great, when weighing grain I just sit a bucket on the scales and zero it out for each grain, much easier than doing 1-2kg at a time as I was previosuly!

contrarian said:
I have almost exactly the same scales as SBOB above and it is great, when weighing grain I just sit a bucket on the scales and zero it out for each grain, much easier than doing 1-2kg at a time as I was previosuly!
I thought of doing it that way, but quickly dismissed it.

I put the bucket on and zero
Measure out 1 grain
Pour into 2nd bucket
Repeat

Reason being if I over shoot the grain, I can take some back without worrying about picking up the wrong grain

n87 said:

Measure out 1 grain
Pour into 2nd bucket
Repeat

Reason being if I over shoot the grain, I can take some back without worrying about picking up the wrong grain
Or just learn how to pour out grain better :)
(or not stress over a few grams overshoot)

SBOB said:
Or just learn how to pour out grain better :)
(or not stress over a few grams overshoot)
Yeah yeah....
I usually have 2 or 3 buckets (depending on grain bill) at the ready anyway, with an empty one to mill into, so no extra work or equipment for me.

got very similar scales to SBOB too, maybe just the colour scheme is different? My favourite scales - mine have a battery plus plug and don't turn off!

n87 said:

Measure out 1 grain
Pour into 2nd bucket
Repeat

I use a scoop to get from the sack or container into the bucket so have never had an issue with over shooting.

Latest posts

Back