Saniclean Stained My Kitchen Bench

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, this was diluted too. I wiped up most of it, but I must have wiped under the saniclean bottle and a bucket, then put them back down, then it spent a day drying and so concentrating. Did it in the laundry of my last place too - but that was phosphoric acid for adjusting the ph of grey water. My excuse then was why put a stainable bench in the laundry where one keeps bleach etc. Got out of it then, but not this time. Will call laminex or a kitchen builder.

If this is about a bond related issue, leave it til later - you'll do it again and it'll hurt even worse.

if it's a any of the corion/caeserstone/dupont variants of the the plastic resin fake granite benches, serious stains can be rubbed out with a little gumption and some elbow grease... or heavy cut car polish...

good luck

Hmmm, the owner is coming over on sunday to fix the oven door. He would know what it is, but I think a nice big pot will be on top of that area while he is over :ph34r: two weeks till the lease is up, and nothing else available. Thanks for the help guys! much appreciated.

if it's a any of the corion/caeserstone/dupont variants of the the plastic resin fake granite benches, serious stains can be rubbed out with a little gumption and some elbow grease... or heavy cut car polish...

good luck

dont bother the coating on laminex is too thin to handle buffing,you will take the finish off in no time.
the top has been bleached and bleached it will stay.
your stuffed,...but a lesson learnt the hard way....cheers..spog......

Hi All,

I fortunately found this thread when going to look up a dilution rate for Saniclean as I was about to try it out for the first time. Firstly I should explain I know nothing about chemistry and chemicals in general. I was quite surprised and a little bit pissed off to discover this thread. I knew it was of an acid nature but I didn't think it would be like a real acid and mess things up. Now my question is I guess, just what does this stuff do to things. What can I use it on? My usual method of brewing is in the kitchen and I have a spray bottle which after I clean all the crap (dirty dishes etc) out of the way, I spray everything my stuff or hands will be touching (taps, sink, bench etc). I've checked the five star website and HBS's websites and they only talk of not using on soft metals. So now I have a bottle of the stuff and I want to know... what does it stain? does it physically damage things? what's a "soft" metal? how is it on bare skin?

Thanks for your help

I knew it was of an acid nature but I didn't think it would be like a real acid

Not like a real acid? What does that even mean? Anyway . . .

My benchtop is dark granite. I use starsan on it occasionally. I think the point is it's ok to spray it over the bench, just don't let it dry.

If you have say a cup and spray it and leave it you might get a ring eaten out of your bench -- like a stain from a coffee cup, except permanent.

I've sprayed it everywhere and no problems. I just wipe it up real well with a very wet sponge when I'm done.

I spray everything my stuff or hands will be touching (taps, sink, bench etc). I've checked the five star website and HBS's websites and they only talk of not using on soft metals.
Just so you know -- if your tapware is chromed, chrome certainly counts as a soft metal, as does the copper underneath it.

Latest posts

Back