Sa Xmas Case Swap 2006

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have such a wide assortment of bottles, I am sure the odd pickaxe, duvel or chimay will work its way in amongst the james squires and matilda bays.

Be a bit of a lottery, but some of you might score a decent bottle, irrespective of whether the beer inside is any good :p

I'll add myself to the list.

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher
wee stu
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet
The Drunk Arab

If you get close to the 24, then the Gulf Brewery will make up the numbers so it becomes a round 24 (Maximum of 4 beer styles, unless I get to brew a couple for myself soon).

Cheers
Pedro

Don't tell Pedro, but this sounds like a good reason to limit it to 20!!!
Shhhhhh.
:D

OK - no idea what I'll contribute at this stage, but it hopefully won't be the same as previous, which have all generally started with 'P' - pils, pales and porters. Whats with that?

I'm also chuffed with the idea of 1 stubbie each - makes it a lot easier, but it will be a shame to not have the variety of previous years. Enjoyed them all thoroiughly, albeit WAY too quickly. Mental note - stay off chat once the swaps have been done. I have no idea how many times I fell of my chair. (did anyone say cactus?)

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher
wee stu
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet
The Drunk Arab
AnthonyMac

Guys , Iwas plannin to do the white tail wheat ale with the santiam Hops.
The original was hallertau and tettnanger and as the santiam is a combo cross of these I thought I'd try it out.

The other option is to use the Palisades as a single hop variety brew for feedback and a real taste trial for others.Not a lot of info out there on this hop.Asking on BA got This mediocre response.

A PM to Ross elicited this info

"
2 slightly different reviews of it below - i have used it blended with other hops but not as a single addition yet, so can't really offer advice from a personal basis.

Palisade walks the line between bittering and aroma, it has a soft, clean finish with characteristics similar to Willamette.

This is a new hop on the market and is bred from Swiss Tettnanger. At 8.3% alpha acid it's a medium-bitter hop and has a flavor and aroma similar to a noble hop. They also remind me of a much smoother version of Chinook."

The fuggles /Willamette references have me tempted to try it as an english bitter style.

Either way I'll be doing a single hop variety beer for this case ,but want some feedback from u guys as to whether it should be a Santiam aussie wheat ale, or a palisade bitter with MO base of course.

Let the voting begin, or PM with any thoughts.

Cheers Dave

Its your beer u brew what u want to not what i want as for me it be apils or a german lager dark or pale

Why not mix the two and chick the Palisades in the White Tail?

Why not mix the two and chick the Palisades in the White Tail?

Yeah, Gotta admit based on the pedigree of both these hops that idea had passed through my head 2 day, and still may happen given i've got a combined 180 gms of hops total.

I PM'd voosher for some input and he suggested a simple MO grist with palisades as single hop to get a true indication of characteristics.
Decisions, Decisions....... :huh: As with most brews I do this will change, morph, revisit and end up as a wake up on brewday and decide the hop bill affair.

List so far:

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher
wee stu
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet
The Drunk Arab
AnthonyMac

So fellas, are we happy to donate a longneck (740ml) or equivalent (roughly) each?

C&B
TDA

List so far:

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher
wee stu
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet
The Drunk Arab
AnthonyMac

So fellas, are we happy to donate a longneck (740ml) or equivalent (roughly) each?

C&B
TDA

TDA,

I think we were trying to limit it to one stubbie each. My little brewery only puts out tiny AG batches and a couple of others were concerned about finding enough time to stretch it too far as well.

I'll go with the flow... one stubbie or longneck - not fussed.

Surely theres a few more of us croweaters to join!

19 might be a good number to chop it? (everyone gets 18 stubbies each).

-Adam

List so far:

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher
wee stu
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet
The Drunk Arab
AnthonyMac

C&B
TDA

TDA,

I think we were trying to limit it to one stubbie each. My little brewery only puts out tiny AG batches and a couple of others were concerned about finding enough time to stretch it too far as well.

Like wise. Up until now I thought the consensus was 24 stubbies. I cant produce a larger volume unless I do a partial (and thats not my preference).
for what its worth I'll do the Palisade Pale and bottle into stubbies and take part if thats whats acceptable,If not I'll Drinkem meself :chug:

Like wise. Up until now I thought the consensus was 24 stubbies. I cant produce a larger volume unless I do a partial (and thats not my preference).
for what its worth I'll do the Palisade Pale and bottle into stubbies and take part if thats whats acceptable,If not I'll Drinkem meself :chug:

Real men in SA do 1200 litre batches :)

Enuff Sed
Pedro

Real men in SA do 1200 litre batches :)

Enuff Sed
Pedro

I think what Uncle Pedro is saying is that he will make up any shortfalls ;)

good work gulf man :super:

List so far:

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher
wee stu
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet
The Drunk Arab
AnthonyMac

I'd like to join in for the xmas case - possibly a Porter (ok it might not be everyones favourite in summer) or an ESB, not sure which at the moment.

Stoutdrinker

It might be a good idea to start adding styles when you have some idea...
I'm putting down two ESB's over the next few weeks. The better of them will go in the case.

The list so far:

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher - ESB
wee stu
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet
The Drunk Arab
AnthonyMac
Stoutdrinker - Porter/ESB?

I have recently bottled and put aside cartons of stubbies of an English Mild, an Amarillo Wheat, and a redemptive 80 Shilling.

Mine will be whatever is the pick of these three. If they all suck eggs, I will hang up my mash paddle and take up crocheting instead :ph34r:

The list so far:

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher - ESB
wee stu - mild, amarillo wheat or 80/-
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet
The Drunk Arab
AnthonyMac
Stoutdrinker - Porter/ESB?

Give us the 80/-! I've never had a scottish brew before.

I might brew a dunkel, but I've changed my mind at least 3 times over the last few weeks.

Kai
AdamT - Dunkelweizen
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron
Jazman
Voosher - ESB
wee stu - mild, amarillo wheat or 80/-
Brauluver
Roach
Doglet