Sa Xmas Case Swap 2006

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doglets Am Brown

Lovely dark brown colour with tinges of red and a great tan head.
Aroma is chocolatey, can't get much on hop aroma and not sure if the style is supposed to have that anyway.
Spot on in flavour with deep malt, light chocolate nuances and bitterness together. A pleasure to drink this Doglet.

Dr Gonzo's Intoxicator

The good Dr's beers are going to influence me to brew some wheat beers this year, they are that good.
The Intoxicator poured cloudy with a deep copper colour, high carbonation and off white head.
Aromas of bubblegum and malt smack me upside the head!
The taste is to die for, close to Aventinus but better. Rich melanoidin malt flavour and hints of bananna and bubblegum. Did not want this beer to finish. Excellent beer Sam.

C&B
TDA

30 - ?
BDG - ?
5150 -
86 - ?
15/11 PB - ?

Somebody know off the top of their head who's brew and what it is?

tdh

30 - PNC's honey beer
BDG - Aaron's BDG
5150 - Jazmans
86 - SteveSA's APA
15/11 PB - Voosher's ESB

Thanks Steve!

Koelsch is a brilliant beer style, I plan to brew it often.

My yeast, Kirem, is 2565 that I cultured out of a 3 year old Wyeast pack, I didn't use a sample from Kai's batch.
By the way, the booklet idea is a bewdy.

100% Pils malt
Wyeast 2565
German Tettnanger to ~25 IBU
Mashed at 65-66*C
OG - 1.050
FG - 1.008

To me reminiscent of Kuepper's Koelsch in Cologne.

Anybody out there had Koelsch in Cologne?

tdh
Not yet but it's on my list of things to do when I visit there in 5-6 months :D

Sounds like I should have left my bottle of tdh's koelsch for a little longer. But, that would have required patience.

I had tdh's kolsch back on the third! it was great even then

Just polished off tdhs Kolsch and Doglets American Brown. Both superb brews - glad I waited! Did you guys post your recipes anywhere?

Doglet's Am Brown Ale

Poors dark brown with a reddish hue, aroma is roast chocolate and with little hop aroma with a thin lacing head (probably put it in the fridge to early). Mouthfeel is full with a slight biscuit taste, hints of chocolate and piney hop flavour. Enjoyable beer Tim well done!

Back