Sa Xmas Case Swap 2006

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in again. No idea what I will brew.

i don't want old beers Jayse, just ones that don't pop
mmmm a nice thick stout on a 40C+ day, maybe i'll give this a miss

I'm in again, most definitely. This time I might even see if I can keep the case beyond xmas.

At the moment I'm leaning towards a couple more traditional beers, pils and wheat. Just the ticket for a hot summer's day.

mmmm a nice thick stout on a 40C+ day, maybe i'll give this a miss
From Bureau of Meteorology..

Average max since 1974: Dec 26.8, Jan 28.8, Feb 29.4
Average min since 1974: Dec 15.5, Jan 16.8, 17.2

Gotta have a contingency beer in case there's a cold hour or two. :p

:D nice work Doglet
you can be in charge of planning the summer AHB bbqs

Bumping this, since it's now closer to a reasonable time to start brewing for the case. Time to start brewing your lagers now, I reckon.

So, who's in? Time to start a tally of names, starting with...

Kai

I'm out. Don't have the time to get a couple of extra brews done prior to xmas. Will try to make it back for next year.

I am happy to be in again this year.

Yep I'm in.

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA

Disappointed that Aaron is opting out though. The case will be poorer for it.

I'm sure he has some spare schwarzbier he can donate for it.

I am bottling 4 beers this weekend. If one of those places and scores reasonably well in ANAWBS, I will sacrifice a carton to the greater good :p .

Otherwise, I fear I am in the same boat as Aaron :(

Ill wait and see depends if any good beer and if i want to depart with a lager

What is the go this year? Is it two stubbie again? If we make it one I could probably come along for the ride. There is just no way I will get two extra brews in.

Thanks for the kind words Steve. Kai you are welcome to a schwarz any time but there is no such thing as spare beer.

One or two stubbies would depend on how many people we get in the case, I'd think. Two stubbies was maybe a bit much last year with the amount of people we had in.

One or two stubbies would depend on how many people we get in the case, I'd think. Two stubbies was maybe a bit much last year with the amount of people we had in.
I would be in if we have similar numbers to last year but only do a single stubbie. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I would be in if we have similar numbers to last year but only do a single stubbie. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I'm interested but I have time and capacity limits as I generally only do 12l All-grain brews.
Let me know roughly how many you're expecting, or how many you're limiting it to, and I can confirm in-ness or out-ness.
:)

Im in:

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
So can we say a limit of 25 people so everyone needs to provide 24 stubbies and one stubbie each? Any issues with that? If that is ok I'm in.

Kai
AdamT
GMK
SteveSA
Dr Gonzo
Aaron

happy to go with the majority decision...

i am in either way - 24 stubbies or 48 or 2x 24...

The Xmas cases in the past have all been very very good with a great range of beers/recipes.

Back