SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Oktoberfest is in the fermenter. I will be brewing my other contribution later in the year.

Better start organising a list and a delivery date, who wants to volunteer? :ph34r:

C&B
TDA
[post="78042"][/post]​
Munich Dunkel is plodding along, Scottish is typically talkative too.

AnthonyMac has offered his place at Edwardstown up for a collection point. Chances are brew day and bbq will be on too. :party:

Steve

Bringing this back up to the top to try and get confirmation that we are all still committed.

For mine, the Kilt Lifter Wee Heavy (complete with award winning label :p ) is ready after extended cold conditioning.

Also brewed a Little Big Man American Indian Pale Ale today for the case. From past experience this is a beer that drinks well quite young.

At last count (June 21) this was the list:

1 GMK
2 wee stu
3 dicko
4 SteveSA
5 The Drunk Arab
6 Boots
7 Crispy
8 AnthonyMac
9 Kai
10 Jayse
11 Gulf/Pedro
12 Joel
13 WildebeestAttacks
14 roach
15 Simon
16 tdh
17 kirem
18 Jazman
19 Aaron
20 fergi
21 hawksey
22 Chiller
23 Jsb
24 iand
25 MAH

i am in - the Timothy Taylor - Golden Promise and teh Imperial Chocolate Stout have been brewed for a while now.

Need to vent the pressure on the stout though before Xmas Case Swapping...

GMK said:
Need to vent the pressure on the stout though before Xmas Case Swapping...
[post="84720"][/post]​

:)

Is that a good sign GMK??

:)

No - but the beer tastes good - i only have the 24 left for the xmas case...

we - BBC guys have drunk the rest... they all liked it very much.

Scottish and Dunkel made. Even did some pretty labels for you Stu.

Ken,
Did you prime with two pieces of chocolate instead of one?

Steve

Brewing this weekend Stu. It will be a Mild. Fermentation will be split with S04 and S33. Fast maturing ale, so I've left it to last minute to brew.

Cheers
MAH

SteveSA said:
Scottish and Dunkel made. Even did some pretty labels for you Stu.

Ken,
Did you prime with two pieces of chocolate instead of one?

Steve
[post="85101"][/post]​

Very Funny Steve. :D

I used Choc essence that i was given by Simon from the Port DOck Brewery after i tried his Choc Porter.

Maybe a little bit of Oak Chips :p

My two brews are in the bottle and have been for a little while now. One is my APA and the other is an IPA that has turned into an Imperial IPA as I had an efficiency jump so it is about 8% ABV.

Can still count me in, gunna put a two can farmland lager together right now.
Either that or i'll let you have these two american amber ales i brewed esspecially for yas' all.

How about we make a day of it, the case swap day that is, i can see a BBQ, a brewer or two, a sunny spring afternoon and several beers. :beer: :party:

friends
Jayse

jayse said:
How about we make a day of it, the case swap day that is, i can see a BBQ, a brewer or two, a sunny spring afternoon and several beers. :beer: :party:

Jayse
[post="85151"][/post]​
I can see a number of accidents, a few case entries that won't see xmas, and a couple of children on a roof.

Sounds ideal :D

i have done two experiments with kiwi hops a pils with super alpha,nelson sauvin and saaz (not too Style) and another lager with pacific sunrise,nelson sauvin,nz halletua botled but may have to do another famous Jazman label

jayse said:

Jayse
[post="85151"][/post]​
Sounds good to me. We can have the Inaugural SA March Pump swap at the same time :blink:

Sounds like a great idea.

I've brewed but not yet bottled both an american brown and an alt I am still debating including.

Yes, I am still in it Stu.

Oktoberfest is lagering as we speak. Will brew something else when I am back home.

C&B
TDA

Stu,
CAP and IRA are 'locked and loaded' ready for dispatch.

cheers
roach

I'm hoping to still be in, although I'm leaving it very late... and it's only going to get harder to brew in the next few weeks (only 5 weeks till the mini-brewer arrives).

Knowing me, and the vast range of beers I've brewed this year (apa's and esb's) it'll probably be an apa.

hi guys,i would like to do some labels for my xmas box too.any ideas where i can get a programme to use,also what paper do you use for the labels,are they the ones that you buy from the computer shops already with the sticky on
cheers
fergi

fergi said:
hi guys,i would like to do some labels for my xmas box too.any ideas where i can get a programme to use,also what paper do you use for the labels,are they the ones that you buy from the computer shops already with the sticky on
cheers
fergi
[post="85319"][/post]​
All you need is a wordp processor say Open Office, some plain paper, a printer and a glue stick.

I'm still in...

I'll be doing an IPA on Sunday, something big and hoppy and maybe even a Scottish.

Cheers

Crispy

Latest posts

Back