SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least one of my cartons will be crownies, hawksey. Crown lager ones, though.

So we need 50 stubbies each then? Mine will all be of the same style, but maybe not the same batch. I only popped my AG cherry on the weekend, so I'll be doing the same style for a few batches to perfect my process.

The brewday went without a hitch by the way... Aside from a better efficiency than planned (and the adjustment to the hop additions due to higher gravity). I'll do another post tonight (with pics!) so you can read all about it (or not).

I'll be doing English style bitters, either best or ESB (only real diff is gravity really).

On the bottle side of things, does it really matter if they are crown or screw top?

Joel said:
So we need 50 stubbies each then? Mine will all be of the same style, but maybe not the same batch. I only popped my AG cherry on the weekend, so I'll be doing the same style for a few batches to perfect my process.

The brewday went without a hitch by the way... Aside from a better efficiency than planned (and the adjustment to the hop additions due to higher gravity). I'll do another post tonight (with pics!) so you can read all about it (or not).

I'll be doing English style bitters, either best or ESB (only real diff is gravity really).

On the bottle side of things, does it really matter if they are crown or screw top?
[post="73205"][/post]​

Not to me it doesn't. Just use what you have.

C&B
TDA

SO - how is everyone's Xmas Case coming along.

GMK said:
SO - how is everyone's Xmas Case coming along.
[post="76621"][/post]​
IRA just finishing in the primary and will be in the bottle this weekend. I assume we each need to provide something like 24 stubbies?

You need to provide either:
- 48 stubies of 1 type of beer, or
- 24 stubies of 2 types of beer.

I am waiting on the SABSOSA results to determine if my Beers are good enough to go in the Xmas Case.

Hopefully, tonight I will Know.

GMK said:
I am waiting on the SABSOSA results to determine if my Beers are good enough to go in the Xmas Case.

Hopefully, tonight I will Know.
[post="76633"][/post]​
wouldn't worry about the results from the comps GMK for qualifying into the Xmas case. So long as it is up to your usual standard I am sure it will be fine :huh: I will just get Boots to taste them first since he lives close by. :p

24 bottles Pedro's Plight already to go. Just need to bottle 24 of something else, maybe an Oktoberfest (if it beats The DrunkArabs at Sabsosa :) )

and you guys are stuck wit my exeriments a pils with kiwi hops and a lager with kiwi hops but out of the ferm they taste good to me but then they are bitter atound the 40 ibu mark for those who dont like bitter beer

Irish Red in CC, hopefully bottling this weekend,

Jury is out on the nest one, I was thinking an IPA maybe.

Harold hAlt is just starting to ferment now.

Did someone say free samples?? :)

Well, I've done the *mumblesintohand*, and the *cough* is in the primary.

Boots said:
Did someone say free samples?? :)

Well, I've done the *mumblesintohand*, and the *cough* is in the primary.
[post="76667"][/post]​
Boots,
What about a ;cracked demi wheat :lol: ; . 50/50 pils/wheat with a wheat yeast blend

Well I have an apa in the bottle and an ipa in secondary.

I think the apa has turned fairly decent and the tastes of the ipa have been good so far. Going to be a bit bigger than expected as I had a bit of a jump in efficiency.

Oktoberfest about to go in fermenter (well, this week sometime).

Not sure what the other beer will be :unsure: ! Leaning towards an English style IPA.

C&B
TDA

Well, I've got half of my contribution in the bottle. It's an English Style Bitter. I haven't had a chance to taste it yet... Got it in the bottle 2 days before being whisked away to on operation to Darwin. Hope it tastes alright...

I'll have 3 weeks at home to get the second half of my contribution down before going to Perth for 4 weeks for another op. And back home for the start of December and Xmas case time!!!

Oktoberfest is in the fermenter. I will be brewing my other contribution later in the year.

Better start organising a list and a delivery date, who wants to volunteer? :ph34r:

C&B
TDA

IRA in the bottle and CAP is in the fermenter.

nz pils bottled and the nz pacific nelson hal beer is also bottled so a bit of experiments with these two

Back