SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I am still in. Brewing this weekend with my new herms setup. still deciding on the style though. trying to come up with something a bit spesh and that is not already being done.

hmm might do an apa.... B)

I'll be doing up my batch weekend after next. It'll be a young 'un.

American Brown Ale is bottled and labelled. I'm putting in two brews though, not sure yet what the second one will be. I guess I'd better decide soon.

Aaron said:
fergi said:
hi guys,i would like to do some labels for my xmas box too.any ideas where i can get a programme to use,also what paper do you use for the labels,are they the ones that you buy from the computer shops already with the sticky on
cheers
fergi
[post="85319"][/post]​
All you need is a wordp processor say Open Office, some plain paper, a printer and a glue stick.
[post="85322"][/post]​
I've just come accross this site where you can design and order custom labels. Some of them are pretty good, but of course, it costs.

www.brewtopia.com.au

Try that, if you like.

On another note, I've taken the liberty of contacting TDA and GMK re delivery for the Xmas case contributors. We've pencilled in 3 December as a drop off day, then are getting together the following Saturday to do meet and divide appropriately. This will be occurring at my place, as it's reasonably central, and I've plenty of room. It's suggested that pick ups can start from mid afternoon on Saturday 10/12 (providing morning to do the divi-ing up). Addresses etc are available by PMing your closest delivery point.

Wahtchathink?

AnthonyMac

sounds good to me Anthony, as previously stated I am more than willing to help with the divvy up process.

I am happy to lend a hand in the sorting process if required. The dates etc are fine with me.

How about we all just rock up one day with our beers in toe get drunk swap beers go home :party: :lol:

So what was it again Iam bottling soda stream, rasberry or cola? :blink:

Anyway late nite drunkeness aside it all sounds great to me.

Poor Tom
Jayse

I'm at Hallett Cove so any of you guys that live in the Southern area can drop of to me anytime up until the 3rd of December. Just PM me prior to the drop off and I will send you my address.

C&B
TDA

I'll be brewing mine on thursday. Gotta take the day off to take my daughter for a checkup, so thought I'd slip in a brew.

i reckon kai should ut his tasty ris in the xmas case

jayse said:
How about we all just rock up one day with our beers in toe get drunk swap beers go home :party: :lol:

So what was it again Iam bottling soda stream, rasberry or cola? :blink:

Anyway late nite drunkeness aside it all sounds great to me.

Poor Tom
Jayse
[post="87327"][/post]​

I can just imagine that, Jayse - 25 drunken brewers with 1300 odd stubbies of beer, trying to divi up. There'd be drunken brawling on the streets and copers around in no time - and that'd be by 3 in the arvo. I prefer the more controlled, sober method. Drunkeness will be for when the job is done. :chug:

I'm still good for my promise to help with a controlled, sober sorting of the bottles, Anthony.

Kai said:
I'm still good for my promise to help with a controlled, sober sorting of the bottles, Anthony.
[post="87754"][/post]​

I can vouch for Kai's mastery of bottle sorting of the sober and controlled variety.

I too have past experience in this delicate skill and am willing to share my expertise this time around also.

Well, the day for me to brew my christmas case beer has come ..... and ... gone....

I spent most of the morning waiting for an appointment for my daughter (bloody surgeon was an hour and a half late) :angry: - so by the time I got home, I didn't have enough time to brew due to commitments tonight.

This is unfortunately going to put me out of the case i reckon, I'm really sorry and hope it doesn't stuff up numbers / organising too much. I'm pretty bummed out about it as there were so many good beers last year, but the baby is expected in the next 3 - 4 weeks, and I have an exam in 1.5 weeks so I'm trying to spend most of the non-existent spare time studying.

I haven't brewed for 3 months, and it's not looking good till early december after the baby arrives (along with my new chest freezer).

:(

crying into my commercially brewed beer

boots

Boots said:
I haven't brewed for 3 months, and it's not looking good till early december after the baby arrives (along with my new chest freezer).
[post="88045"][/post]​
That should be an interesting birth :blink:

Sorry to hear you may have to drop out Boots. Was looking forward to your beer.

Steve

hey boots,
I think i'll have to give you some beers anyway even if you can't enter any yourself. I'd be tempted to put down a quick masterbrew, not so much for the case but so you have some beer at home.
Anyway best wishes for the soon to be new boots in 3-4weeks and also the exams.

Jayse

boots, you can still have my contribution to the Xmas case.

In fact I reckon you ought to get a case from the rest of us anyway - if only to whet the baby's head.

Got the ingredients for a Scottish export 80/-

Yeast pack smacked and ready to go in the morn.

How many bottles are required? I only have 330mL stubbies and sparkling wine type 750mL bottles.

K

I was going to suggest that boots still gets his case anyway. I think he deserves it.

Kai said:
I was going to suggest that boots still gets his case anyway. I think he deserves it.
[post="88078"][/post]​

A top idea. What better way to wet the babies head than with 48 stubbies of Adelaideś finest. Maybe if Kai puts his RIS in you could keep it til the 18th.

Back