SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i just got TOLD....

Again :lol:

wee stu said:
Ken, I have a Landlord(ish) beer - from the Beer Captured source material, roughly - waiting to be bottled.

We will have to organise a tasting session in a little while :)
[post="64303"][/post]​

Done Wee Stu - can try and organise around you trying out your new Mash Tun...

Now i just need to find a commercial example somewhere in Adelaide.

GMK said:
[post="64403"][/post]​

Celebrations, 322 Greenhill Rd , Glenside have had it before GMK.

fergi said:
hey ken,two T,s in scottish thank you,any way stu we both know us scotts are the most kind hearted people in the world
fergi
[post="64389"][/post]​

Ah, but only one t in Scots :(

OK, I'll fill the last spot. A reckon a Mild will be on my brew list for this.

1 GMK
2 wee stu
3 dicko
4 SteveSA
5 The Drunk Arab
6 Boots
7 Crispy
8 AnthonyMac
9 Kai
10 Jayse
11 Gulf/Pedro
12 Joel
13 WildebeestAt
14 roach
15 Simon
16 tdh
17 kirem
18 Jazman
19 Aaron
20 fergi
21 hawksey
22 Chiller
23 Jsb
24 iand
25 MAH

Cheers
MAH

Welcome aboard Mark.

That is looking like one awesome list!

If people are looking for bottles as they brew, let me know. I sometimes have access to cartons of empty crown stubbies I can let you have for $2 a carton (all money goes to my work social club).

But don't ask me for any now, my current stock is all spoken for, isn't it kai, anthonymac and crispy?.

Ok - the SA Xmas Case is an awesome List...

Now declared it Locked in and Loaded.

Happy to take a reservist or 2 in case someone pulls out later...

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
GMK said:
[post="64403"][/post]​

Celebrations, 322 Greenhill Rd , Glenside have had it before GMK.
[post="64411"][/post]​

Hi TDA,
Would they have Youngs London Ale as well????

Back to the thread-
I used to know all the Adelaide AG fellas :lol: :chug: :unsure:
Should be a good xmas case

Cheers

wee stu said:
Kai said:
Where the heck is motherwell?
[post="64309"][/post]​

In the twilight zone :ph34r:

Seriously, somewhere in Scotland - but West of Edinburgh :D
[post="64314"][/post]​

There I was thinking it was yet another suburb of Adelaide I didn't know.

wee stu said:
SteveSA said:
S

Stu,
Anthony's got shedloads of room. Maybe it would be better to use his place as a collection point and yours as overflow? Just a thought. May save you some brownie points too.

Steve
[post="63818"][/post]​

But can the young man be trusted with such responsibility <_< ?
It might not be a bad idea if he is willing, just as central really but loads more storage space, I agree.

The man collects sheds like other brewers collect fridges, and I collect brownie points. B)
[post="63823"][/post]​

No problem with the storage, distribution, or general safety of the bottles at my place. And thanks for the volunteering SteveSA! By the looks of things, i may need to clear a few sq kms of space though. This year looks fantastic, brewers. Can't wait for it. May even test the equipment with a 50 litre batch. That'll be fun!!!

AnthonyMac

Is mrs wee stu going to be happy with you AnthonyMac :super:

I will, of course, lend a hand when it comes time to sorting out the individual cases for distribution :beer: .

Well with that sorted, I figure that all Southern brewers, or for those to whom Edwardstown is the most convenient drop off/pick up point, PM me for address etc. I will be sure to have plenty of my own drinking brews on hand to avoid temptation to dabble in what shoud not be dabbled in.

Cheers

AnthonyMac

so is everyone still in? I am doing the first of my two brews for the xmas case this weekend. Will give it plenty of time to mature in the bottle. Though it will make it hard not to drink it. I have good storage though. Just need to find a bunch more stubbies now.

Making a kind of apa type beer. Thinking a proter for my other. What is everyone else doing?

Still hoping the kilt lifter wee heavy will be my entry. although I've come back from a week in vic to a slow, but not yet stuck ferment, tasting the grouse out of the primary :)

and the rest of us...................?

OK, I have a RASPBERRY WHEAT and a SMOKED CHILLI ALE ready for the case. I'm sure you'll all really, really enjoy them.

....kidding, I haven't actually decided what I'll be putting in yet. I did want to pop in and remind everyone to get brewing, though :)

Well I thought the raspberry wheat was good. I have beer one in secondary. I have beer 2 formulated and it will be made in a few weeks time.

Have bottled up a couple of batches - a pale (with saaz hops) and a brown (EKG), both using Belgian Abbey 2 Wyeast. The pale one is one of my standard brews, the brown was a moment of madness. I will test it out before inflicting them on you all for Christmas. I may have to make up a substitute if it is that bad. Otherwise they should be well bottle conditioned by then. (Getting ready for a damn honeymoon in 5 weeks has buggered up my brewing schedule - so I hope they are okay)

G'day all,

Picked up my grains and stuff from the Grumsters on the weekend, my first batch will be an Irish Red. What type of bottles is everyone using? I am quite happy to part with my crown seal bottles as long as I get some back. Yeah I know I'm a tight arse!

Wee Stu can you still get empty crownies from work?

Cheers

Hawkesy

Latest posts

Back