Ross's New Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tidalpete said:
Some sort of (removeable) transparent protective cover would certainly be the go. What a beautiful piece of hardwood. Too good to accidently ding. Congratulations Ross, are you going to post a pic of the finished product? Do you know what type of hardwood it is? I built my first bar with a tongue & groove hardwood top of Plum.

:beer:
[post="83537"][/post]​

I chose it out of a pile of seasoned Bluegum, but told it's Red Gum now that it's been polished - a bit of a win i'm told, but I don't know much about the native woods here...
Worked out the font size & positioning this morning, so just given the go ahead - been told will all be ready in 3 weeks, so fingers crossed.
The builder (Slab hut @ Capalba) reckons it would take a pretty agressive drinker to ding it, & doesn't see a need to protect it - I tend to agree, with my current drinking friends, but who knows what Dec 3rd will bring :party: :D

let em know thw date and i will see if i can make it up - will need a place to lay the swag - i could use teh downstairs bedroom - that way i would not have to fall too far...

:)

Recieved an email today from Brad at Ventmatic with the tracking code for my taps - So guess they've only just been mailed :( - Had hoped they'd be here by now. So fingers crossed the taps don't get caught up in the customs chaos we are experiencing...

Bar will be finished tomorrow, while the 10 tap S/S font is finished & undergoing tests with a a commercial cooling unit to make sure they match.

Just had a support pole under the house repositioned, so the pool table can be moved next to the bar.

So Saturday week looks like being the big day for getting everything installed :D

Getting Excited :D

"The 'Font'ain of life !!

'OTT 'Over the top Ross !!

Cant wait to see the finished job .

No one will be able to go one better than that .

Can you get 'quick connect's directly to the stomach ??

Pumpy

Pumpy said:
"The 'Font'ain of life !!

'OTT 'Over the top Ross !!

Cant wait to see the finished job .

No one will be able to go one better than that .

Can you get 'quick connect's directly to the stomach ??

Pumpy
[post="89074"][/post]​

Pumps,

Far flashier set ups around than my bar :) & it's been a long time coming...

Still can't wait mind ;) ...

Ross,
Nice looking piece of wood. Sure the bar is going to be great. 10 taps though! Most bars don't have ten taps. Big job keeping them all clean.
Hope you have plenty of people through the door to keep them flowing.
cheers
darren

Darren said:
Ross,
Nice looking piece of wood. Sure the bar is going to be great. 10 taps though! Most bars don't have ten taps. Big job keeping them all clean.
cheers
darren
[post="89460"][/post]​

I don't think keeping the taps clean with Vent-matic taps will be the issue. More keeping up with the brewing to keep 10 kegs on tap with all the AHB members coming over to stress test it :lol:

Doc

Sounds good on paper. My experience is people tend to only drink the one they like best. My guess there will be 1 or 2 that sit dormant for quite some while. I dunno though, maybe Ross is a big entertainer ;)

I'd just like to know how you are going to keep track of what is left in the ten kegs! Have you got some sort of flow meter or counters on the lines to go by ?

cheers

Browndog

ppppfffffff usually lets me no the keg is done. :angry:
bummer really cause most times i am really enjoying it.

cheers
big d

Darren said:
Sounds good on paper. My experience is people tend to only drink the one they like best. My guess there will be 1 or 2 that sit dormant for quite some while. I dunno though, maybe Ross is a big entertainer ;)
[post="89464"][/post]​

Evening matey :)

Variety is the spice of life - I rarely have less than 10 beers on tap, currently 15 - & with the added hassle of switching them between my storage fridge & dispensing fridge (5 kegs - 3 taps) I've never had a problem with beers not shifting, as I enjoy them all. - The only ones that move slowly are the BIG beers & they benefit from a bit of storage anyway. So the 10 taps are going to make life much easier :)

& it's always open doors here for fellow brewers... :party:

Cheers Ross

Ross said:

Variety is the spice of life - I rarely have less than 10 beers on tap, currently 15 - & with the added hassle of switching them between my storage fridge & dispensing fridge (5 kegs - 3 taps) I've never had a problem with beers not shifting, as I enjoy them all. - The only ones that move slowly are the BIG beers & they benefit from a bit of storage anyway. So the 10 taps are going to make life much easier :)

Cheers Ross
[post="89498"][/post]​

If you wont so damn far away i'd take you up on that offer!
mmmm 15 beers all ready to go, where do you start? I dont think i've ever seen a pub have that much beer in tap. Definately kid in a lolly shop stuff there mate :)

VL.

vlbaby said:
Ross said:

Cheers Ross
[post="89498"][/post]​

If you wont so damn far away i'd take you up on that offer!
mmmm 15 beers all ready to go, where do you start? I dont think i've ever seen a pub have that much beer in tap. Definately kid in a lolly shop stuff there mate :)

VL.
[post="89520"][/post]​

I have.

C&B
TDA

Ten styles of beer on tap!!! lemme see <_<

one for breakfast
one for morning tea
two for lunch
one for afternoon tea
three for dinner :eek:
one for supper.
one for when you get up in the middle of the night with a dry mouth . :p

That sounds right :blink:

Pumpy

Darren said:
10 taps though! Most bars don't have ten taps. Big job keeping them all clean.

Hi Darren

Just remember that not everyone brews in batches as big as yourself. Quite easy to get through the different beers when you pnly make single batches. And from first hand experience, Ross is a very friendly and generous bloke who is more than happy to keep the beer flowing for anyone who drops by.

I remember you made the same comment when I installed 5 taps. Only problem I've experienced is that at times I wished I had more. Always plenty of friends wanting to help me keep the taps flowing.

Cheers
MAH

Darren said:
[post="89464"][/post]​

Having met Ross, he's a great guy (except for the Crystal Palace thing :p )
so i'm sure he has more than enough mates to help keep 10 taps turning over!

The bar looks great Ross, definately keen to help the kegs rolling next time i'm on the GC.

Kong!?!

Did you say he's on the Gold Coast???

Going up there in January, doing a stop over, for a night or two in Coffs(Doing the Bulldogs Rapists tour!)then onto the Radisson for a few nights. Might have to pack a few bottles in the luggage

Latest posts

Back