Ross's New Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross I will never drink that much again! I still can't believe we guzzled Trappists like that! :ph34r:

Having said that I might make the effort to get up to the sunshine soon and help you christen that bar...

Maybe I can deliver your new conicals in person? :beer:

Wortgames said:
Ross I will never drink that much again! I still can't believe we guzzled Trappists like that! :ph34r:

Having said that I might make the effort to get up to the sunshine soon and help you christen that bar...

Maybe I can deliver your new conicals in person? :beer:
[post="83391"][/post]​

Now we're talking :D

very nice ross.
cant remember the name of it but there is a self levelling resin on the market that sets like concrete and is very durable and very clear.some mates have done the bike club african mahogany bar slab with it a few years ago and it stands up well to abuse.even from strippers ;)

cheers
big d

Top notch bar there Ross, very professional!

I'll have a few beers down here to celebrate :)

big d, where do you get those bars that have strippers LOL

Ross ,

Are you sure you did not make it yourself ,Its got a bit of a curve in it and the edges are a bit rough ,its a bit rustic like 'tree meets garden shed' ,I am a bit worried them treated pine posts it may be arsenic to prevent termite damage .

But hey dont worry I coming up soon , I will bring my Jack plane and tidy up those edges for you and I will see what I can do about that Big crack up the middle, thats what they call a 'Lightning shake' ,I have a tin of Fire engine red Wattyl enamel paint to go over the poisonous legs .

I am unsure if the font thing will hog a bit of the space on the top does it spray beer, does it have a big chunk of ice on it ?

I dont want you worrying about this at night when you are trying to get off to sleep Ross but , I think it may be a bit too small !!!!

I still dont think you will be happy until you have the Pub built around it. :p ;) :D

Does look kinda cute though Ross !

Pumpy

Looks great Ross
I have a slab sitting here awaiting me to turn it into a bar , so many ideas from this site

Looking forward to banging my beer glass on it :beerbang:

Batz

Batz said:
Looking forward to banging my beer glass on it :beerbang:

[post="83459"][/post]​

Your are a passionate brewer batz, don't think i'd go quite as far as banging my beer glass but then again if it moves its fair game, so you all better stop figiting.

Nice ross, doesn't count though sorry if you didn't build it yourself :lol:
reminds me of a rodney joke..you like chocolate? cause i have half a bar in my pocket! :eek:

Moby dick
Jayse

hahaha good one jayse.
i could just imagine moving next door to batz story goes.
gday neighbour
hi hows it going
good wanna come over to my place for a party
yeah why not.
great mind you theres gonna be some fightin
yeah i can handle it
and lots of drinking
yep no worries
and heaps of sex
oh boy yeah im gonna come
oh by the way whos going
just you

OK
Put by beer glass gently on the bar and ask Ross in my nicest manner if I may have a refill :blink:

That sounds like Batz :huh: and Jayse for that matter :huh:

Batz

jayse said:
Nice ross, doesn't count though sorry if you didn't build it yourself :lol:
reminds me of a rodney joke..you like chocolate? cause i have half a bar in my pocket! :eek:

Moby dick
Jayse
[post="83465"][/post]​

Jayse,

I thought of pulling the wool over & claiming I built it, with a few pics along the way to back it up...
But there comes a time when you have to recognise your short comings & put your hand in your pocket.... :D

Batz said:
OK
Put by beer glass gently on the bar and ask Ross in my nicest manner if I may have a refill

That sounds like Batz :huh: and Jayse for that matter :huh:

Batz
[post="83470"][/post]​

yeap that sounds just like us :lol:

Ross said:
Jayse,

I thought of pulling the wool over & claiming I built it, with a few pics along the way to back it up...
But there comes a time when you have to recognise your short comings & put your hand in your pocket....
[post="83477"][/post]​

It certainly looks the goods mate, at the rate iam going i'll proberly end up just stacking a old door to the top of some milk crates and calling it a bar :ph34r:
all these bar posts get the inspiration going though i tell ya. Oneday i'll stop saying oneday i'll get there.

ten years gone
Jayse

great shaped wood too ross.are you going to call it the boomerang bar.cause you will always come back for more. ;) :beer:
btw what type of wood is it?

cheers
big d

big d said:
great shaped wood too ross.are you going to call it the boomerang bar.cause you will always come back for more. ;) :beer:

10 taps, you'd never leave :lol:
Did you go the video screen in the middle of the taps Ross ?

Doc

Ross said:
With all the new bars, fonts & ventmatic taps being shoved in my face every day - how much can a man take :blink:

So ordered my new bar (not game to try building one - I'll leave that to you talented buggers ;) ) . Went to see it's progress this morning - looking good I think - Got a meeting with the font manufacturer tomorrow morning on site to work out the best size/position for the font - looking at fitting a flooded, brushed Stainless steel, 10 tap, goal post font with ventmatic taps on a lower shelf just behind the main bar...

View attachment 4364 View attachment 4365

Should all be in place for the xmas case swap... :D
[post="83346"][/post]​
That sounds good Ross. We all get to have our own keg to drink that day. Is the bar big enough for all of us though? It sure is looking good...

:beer:
PeterS....

mandrakar said:
Ross,
What a beautiful piece of craftman's-ship. A quick question, Have you considered getting a slab of 1/4" chamfered glass cut to place over the bar to protect it? I have a similarly built formal dining table, and admittedly it is a more symetric shape, but the glass cover was a god-send. I wince at the thought of some suitably pissed visitor "placing" a glass on it a little too forcefully and denting it. Coasters can be tricky to aim at if the night is late enough!!

M
[post="83366"][/post]​

Some sort of (removeable) transparent protective cover would certainly be the go. What a beautiful piece of hardwood. Too good to accidently ding. Congratulations Ross, are you going to post a pic of the finished product? Do you know what type of hardwood it is? I built my first bar with a tongue & groove hardwood top of Plum.

:beer:

Hey nice bar, Ross, but I agree with Jayse - it don't count unless you built it yourself ;) . You have to source the piece of wood from some rough as nails timberworker in western Queensland, then store it in your house for about 4 years while you um and ah about what your bar should look like. That's what I did anyway......although you now have a bar and I still just have a lump of wood....what's the name of that company you're using? :unsure:

Looking forward to putting a few dents in it in December! :beer:

cheers - Snow

I to have a slab of nice timber lying on the floor of my carport (to be bar room)
as well Snow

One day <_<

Batz

I just milled the timber for my bar - problem is it will be 2 years until its dry!

Looks awesome Ross!

Matt

IMG_7792.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

The wood looks like Camphor Laurel, I made a bar with a big slab similar and the slab alone was $1300.

Ross nice bar. Hopefully I'll get an invite to come and ch :beerbang: risten it.
Cheers
AC

Latest posts

Back