RIP Phil Hughes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Phil,

He was a talented cricketer, who had his technical flaws but produced a quite a few memorable innings.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

A tragic accident.

Thoughts also with Sean Abbott. Not your fault young man, just an unfortunate turn of events.

Tragic day for cricket and for Phil and his family. Very sad.

A tradgedy felt, I'm sure by all who love and enjoy the game.

Just shows when your times up then that's it. Might aswell enjoy every moment of it.

Very unfortunate.

Rip

Unbelievable. RIP.

At least the fella died doing what he loved, and was extremely good at. Tragic circumstances. RIP bloke, and condolences to his family and friends, and that of Sean Abbott.

I loved the way he played the off side from the back foot. Not sure we saw the best of him. RIP.

Already said my vale...but as far as social media and trending goes stuff goes this is one I'm actually willing to be involved in.

#PutOutYourBats
#63notout

IMAG0362.jpg

Apparently he was only the 100th person world wide to have did from that particular type of injury. The ball hit square on the vein in the neck splitting it open and causing a massive amount of blood to rush into the skull. He was dead before he hit the ground. A mm either side and he would have been ok.

eungaibitter1 said:
I loved the way he played the off side from the back foot. Not sure we saw the best of him. RIP.
There's a story that he was so strong and unorthodox on the offside as, when he was a kid growing up, his legside was the brick wall of the family home.

His first couple of tests in SA showed his mercurial but frustrating talent. There's no doubt we didn't see his best. Just gutted

Back