Tempmate info needed.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob dring

Reaction score
I’m retired now but still do electronic repairs for family and friends.

I have repaired a ‘tempmate’ fermentation controller that i want to gift to one of the relos

I need the user setup instructions to be sure the settings are OK .
The company that originally sold it, Craftbrewer, cannot help but Ross there suggested using the forum.

Bob

I use a Tempmate temperature controller I bought from Ross about 16 years ago, but I don’t have any instructions. There are no parameters to set up, only the set temperature and the differential. They are a very good and simple controller. About 7 or 8 years ago the temperature display started flickering and I found the large electrolytic capacitor had failed. I replaced that and it has been good as gold.
Ross also sold another controller called a Fridgemate that I also had which required some setting of parameters, I have the instructions for that one but that’s not much help to you.

I use a Tempmate temperature controller I bought from Ross about 16 years ago, but I don’t have any instructions. There are no parameters to set up, only the set temperature and the differential. They are a very good and simple controller. About 7 or 8 years ago the temperature display started flickering and I found the large electrolytic capacitor had failed. I replaced that and it has been good as gold.
Ross also sold another controller called a Fridgemate that I also had which required some setting of parameters, I have the instructions for that one but that’s not much help to you.
Thanks for posting BG. What i have learned up to now…
upon tempmate turn on the display shows some version numbers and then the current temp.
Pressing and holding SET allows the temp set point range -45 to +120 degrees using the UP DOWN buttons
pressing set again sets differential setting range 0.5 to 10.0 degress. I think.

according to some old posts there is also a compressor delay parameter. The access to this is a code on the buttons.

UP DOWN UP DOWN UP UP DOWN

4 parameters are then available
F00 reset Tempmate?
F19 range -5.0 to +5.0 no idea what this is
F21 range 0 to 10 compressor delay?
F99 might be a self test.

any more info members?

Bob

I've had mine for probably 16 years also. No idea now after 2 home relocations where the instructions are.
I've only ever used mine to control my fermentation fridge, never for heating.

To quote Bob dring from his post:

"Pressing and holding SET allows the temp set point range -45 to +120 degrees using the UP DOWN buttons
pressing set again sets differential setting range 0.5 to 10.0 degress. I think."

I do think the differential setting will go lower than 0.5, but I never change it as I don't want the fridge to cycle too many times.

I've never accessed the other fancy functions, didn't even recall they existed!

I've had mine for probably 16 years also. No idea now after 2 home relocations where the instructions are.
I've only ever used mine to control my fermentation fridge, never for heating.

To quote Bob dring from his post:

"Pressing and holding SET allows the temp set point range -45 to +120 degrees using the UP DOWN buttons
pressing set again sets differential setting range 0.5 to 10.0 degress. I think."

I do think the differential setting will go lower than 0.5, but I never change it as I don't want the fridge to cycle too many times.

I've never accessed the other fancy functions, didn't even recall they existed!
After mulling over this for a while i am now thinking that the -5 to +5 setting is to calibrate the tempmate to a reference thermometer.

Thanks for everyones help. I should mention that the fault on the tempmate that i fixed was a thermister EE error due to insect debris, a clean with IPA ( not the one you drink! ) with a toothbrush fixed it quick.
Bob.

Latest posts

Back