Rims/brewtroller Brewery Upgrade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I powered everything up yesterday for the first time on the panels. Seems ok but i need to rewire my switches on the 12VDC panel, seems my soldering skills could be improved. ;)

The vessel build has not started yet, im trying to find some time to start but the wife keeps finding me "other more important things to do around the house".

I am doing a welding course this month (something ive wanted to learn for a while) so i can start building the frame after that.

hells!!! thats a lot of kanga! hmmm time to find some sparky mates I think.... :D

I've uploaded some new pics of the panels that are now 100% working. I've modified the connectivity between the panels to all run over one CAT6 cable and eliminated the seperate 12VDC lead. I dont think the gauge of the 24AWG CAT6 will be a problem, should be only about 1.5 amps max of 12VDC going through it.

All the switches have been rewired and are now working. I have a couple of cosmetic touchups i want to do with the RJ45 and USB ports, I'll use proper Neutrik USB and RJ45 sockets instead of nasty rough cut holes.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/mschippr/Brewery30?authuser=0&feat=directlink"]https://picasaweb.google.com/mschippr/Brewe...feat=directlink
[/URL]

Ordered my gear now just waiting on the new addition to the brewrig family. :)

Good luck, make sure you post lost of pics of the build. maybe you might be able to beat me to finishing. haha.

I dont have my moterised ball valves on this purchase that'll be stage 2.. just getting the control panel and eletrics sorted this stage... so by the end I'll have it controlling pump and all the elements, also will have level sensors with the bubbler setup..

how long did it take for your gear to arrive?

I had my brewtroller shipped to an american address because i was consolidating a bunch of stuff to send to OZ at once. Generally it should take between a week or two weeks via post.

Looks awesome mate! I'm planning something similar in the (hopefully) not too distant future.... Slowly gathering the parts ATM.

Look forward to more progress pics!

Cheers

where did you get your probes?

Today i got time to start welding up the frame based on my design with the help of ideas poached from a few nice setups ive seen. ;)

Its about half way there, still need to clean up some welds and add some extra bits.

Its mainly made from 40 rhs so i dont think its slightly over engineered but thats the way i like it. :rolleyes:

2011_09_25_18.17.02.jpg

2teir.jpg

looks good, I'd be welding a gusset either side of that vertical post in the centre, 5mm plate if you have some.

cheers

sounds like a good idea to me, i think i have some 4mm plate otherwise i have more 25mm tubing i could use to reinforce it.

if you go with the 25mm box section just weld it down the spine and onto the 40mm at the back of the frame, probably go with the 4mm gussets as well if that's going to support a 40lt HLT.

cheers

Ok, its almost done. Just need to make some silicon hoses up, touch up a few sh1tty welds, start calibrating levels, and water testing.

More pics are available on my picasa page (link is above somewhere).

20120208_193109_1000.jpg

nice bit of kit, Have you tested the pump mounted that high?

I only mounted the pump last night so i havn't had time to test it yet. I upgraded the impeller in the pump so hopefully it should have the grunt required to sort itself out. Time will tell. ;)

Latest posts

Back