Rims/brewtroller Brewery Upgrade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the craftbrewer silicon 1/2" hoses (12.95/m ) the same quality as the grain and grape version (19.95/m)?

Mate, since you are in Adelaide, you could buy the 1/2" heavy duty silicone hose from beerbelly. They don't have it on their website, but i have bought it from them before. Can't remember the per metre price, but I am sure it was less than 20 bucks (somewhere around 12-15 bucks from memory).

Adam.

A call to Amanda at Beerbelly would answer that one, I am not sure if the silicon hosing is the same or not. But if its silicon hose it should be a ok (I do know Wayne has the helical spring hosing for sure).

So ive almost got all the bits i need to start the build. Just waiting on the RIMS tube which is on backorder (hopefully it will ship this week), then i can get it all consolidated and shipped to Australia. I still need a brewtroller kit but I'll get everything else assembled while i wait for my overtime to get paid to me. :)

I ordered some pressure sensors which integrate into the brewtroller board to allow features like autofill, etc. I'll probably will use them down the track as another project after i have the system up and running.

I also ordered a H815 impreller for my march pump to give it a bit more grunt, its probably overkill but for $24 i thought it was worth it.

gear.jpg

Placed my order for my "brain" last week, i got the new version of the Brewtroller board. Just need to wait for it to be delivered.

Brewtroller Board 4.0

Since im no sparky ive put out a call for quote on wiring up my seperate 240 volt enclosure also, I cant brew beer if im dead.

Here is my wiring diagram for the control enclosures. Obviously there may be some errors since i am not an electrician, but it will give an idea of what im planning.

I'm getting a proper electrician to wire the high voltage enclosure, im currently getting a couple of quotes while i wait for the parts to finish arriving.

wiringdiagram.jpg

Interesting, is that a 12V bus the 3V power to the SSRs is coming from? should there not be a wire for each SSR coming from the controller?

cheers

Browndog

Hi, All the SSR's are tied to the 12 volt positive and the controller swiches them with the negative side. The power supply is 12 volts and has a max output of 3 amps. Thats what the brewtroller manual says anyway. ;)

Hi, All the SSR's are tied to the 12 volt positive and the controller swiches them with the negative side. The power supply is 12 volts and has a max output of 3 amps. Thats what the brewtroller manual says anyway. ;)

Ah right, so obvious now you mention it, I wasn't looking for it as I was under the assumption that the active is always switched. Having said that I believe in DC there is no active and neutral. Zizzle...................... where are you mate.

-BD

I started work on the 12 volt dc main panel yesterday.

An electrician is going to wire up the 240 volt sub enclosure for me, damn electrians are expensive though.. :(

I should receive all the gear i ordered this week.. cant wait.

IMG_1031.jpg

Ok the stuff is here and i have started assembling the control panel and some basic plumbing.

In the normal guy fasion i also high flowed my 809 march pump with a 815 impeller, the before and after photos are below.

More pics to come as i progress.

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

Hi, i ordered the 815 impeller when i ordered my 809 pump as part of the consolidated shipping i did, in hindsight i probably could have just bought the whole 815 pump instead for the same price. hindsight is a b#tch though.

I got it from TESCO PUMPS in the US. Part# MAR 08090-107-0200. They are $24 plus shipping. Not sure how much they charge to ship just the impeller to OZ though, hopefully its not too expensive.

Thanks,
Mark.

Looking good mschippr, where did you get the impeller from?

Hi, i ordered the 815 impeller when i ordered my 809 pump as part of the consolidated shipping i did, in hindsight i probably could have just bought the whole 815 pump instead for the same price. hindsight is a b#tch though.

I got it from TESCO PUMPS in the US. Part# MAR 08090-107-0200. They are $24 plus shipping. Not sure how much they charge to ship just the impeller to OZ though, hopefully its not too expensive.

Thanks,
Mark.
I've ordered just the impeller from TESCO. Their online cart is dodgy and they couldn't get it to charge me anything other than $49 for shipping so we did a manual paypal transfer - $24 impeller plus $14 for shipping. Completed the transaction this morning for $39.70 Aussie dollars.

More pics so far of the 12v main panel ive been building.

Ive got my hands on a flow switch (GEMS FS380) for the RIMS to disable the element when there is not wort flow, safety first. ;) The FLOW led goes on when there is flow (obviously).

The 240V enclosure should be done by the end of this week. The sparky is putting it together as we speak.

Since im in the process of moving house i cant weld the frame together. :( Might start work in the vessels soon.

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

Any update on this? Im looking at moving towards a brewtroller 4.0 config.. still trying to figure out what i need..

Hi,

I am still waiting on the sparky to deliver my high voltage enclosure. I expect it by the end of the week then i can put the vessels together, configure the firmware and give it a trial run.

Once i get the enclosure ill take some pics for you.

Ok, i got the 240vac panel and it powers up nicely. All i need to go is adjust a few things in my 12vdc panel and i can connect the elements and pump.

Also need to drill the hole is the vessels and install the bulkhead fittings before i can do a test run.

The 240vac panel is much nicer than i expected. My 12vdc panel looks a bit ugly compared to it. haha.

2011_06_03_18.31.54_800.jpg

2011_06_03_18.32.19_800.jpg

2011_06_03_18.33.19_800.jpg

if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you to get a eletrician to wire up your 240 box?

Back